Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 7:25pm Post subject: -mutters incoherent blasphemies-
You're a little bit geeky, a little bit kooky, you've got an actual working brain in your head, you're sensitive, passionate, intelligent, thoughtful, a little butiunsure of yourself [which is no bad thing] and you care about people, you're interested in culture and art, but not too much and you're little bit naught and sexy too and you are an individual, a one-off - you have an actual personality that isn't ruled by the mass of what everyone else thinks.

These are the qualities I look for too. You've got a lot going for you masquerade!

Assuming direct control...

masquerade

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 7:39pm Post subject: -mutters incoherent blasphemies-
Thank you Stephen... I don't know what to say... I'd like to say I'm never lost for words and you just managed it; unfortunately it's not true because no matter how many interviews I attempt my mind goes completely blank and I can't remember my name. Thankfully this is a different feeling!!! I don't remember having believed anyone else when they've tried to tell me something like that, and I'm not quite sure why it's different but I believe you. Thank you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (ad infinitum)

Which uni is your daughter hoping to go to, Maureen?

And thanks Lily and amyl; you're both too nice.

Saturn

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 8:44pm Post subject: -mutters incoherent blasphemies-
Jess, I'm glad you took my compliments as they were intended.

Ha I'm honoured that I left you lost for words!!!

I don't do pat compliments said just for the sake of cheering someone up or making them feel better, I only give them if I really mean them, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

masquerade

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 9:02pm Post subject: -mutters incoherent blasphemies-
I'm glad you don't; I think I might have been a just little offended if you'd said "well actually I didn't mean any of it, I just said it to make you feel better" somehow!!!

Saturn

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 9:52pm Post subject: -mutters incoherent blasphemies-
I would never do such a thing, I hate being patronising or being patronised by people - I can always tell when someone is just saying something to make you feel good.

I hope you can see I'm sincere.

Anyway I hope I put a smile on that pretty face

And listen most teenage guys of your age are pretty shallow and dumb anyway - with that many hormones racing their bodies its a wonder they can shave straight... I know I used to be one of them X-D

Some of them might actually grow up...into...shock horror....adults!!

And then, just then they might be ready for you!

In the meantime, just be you, and those dreaded words...

be YOURSELF...

What that actually means, no one really knows but to me I always thought of that phrase as an aspiration...for most people.

Everyone thinks or hopes that they are being individual and different [even when most people are drearily similar].

I've always just done the things that I want to do as much as possible, even when that is difficult, and even when people don;t understand you you will know that you are like no-one else around, that your differences, your quirks are actually a virtue you can be proud of.

I love shocking people with my weirdness X-D
[and boy I''ve got a bagful of that shit].

But most important of all [and I know I struggle with this a lot too also] you have to learn to accept yourself, to like yourself, and even at times love yourself, or at the very best forgive yourself your own faults and learn to live with your mistakes.

masquerade

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 10:03pm Post subject: -mutters incoherent blasphemies-
This is verging on philosophy now; is there anything you can't do?! X-D

Yeah, it's definitely put a smile on my face, which is something that very rarely happens when I'm sitting at my computer. Be proud of yourself, you achieved something that a good number of people have attempted and failed miserably at.

I can't say I've ever met anyone of the male persuasion who grew up into an adult! But then I never intend to grow up anyway; none of my role models ever have so why should I? Acting like an adult is boring!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 10:31pm Post subject: -mutters incoherent blasphemies-
I don't want to grow up either. I'm happy with the way I am. I don't want my personality to change.

Assuming direct control...

Maureen

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 4:38pm Post subject: -mutters incoherent blasphemies-
Saturn - more sense and sensitivity - very well said sir!

Masquerade - my daughter is hoping to go to Exeter to read philosophy; her second choice is London, but she is at present simply delighted that she has received offers from all the unis she's applied to. She was advised she was Oxbridge material but has chosen not to apply - again, her individual decision not to be pushed into something she feels pressurised and uncomfortable with. I have to say I admire her independence of mind and wish I'd had it at her age!

You are so right Saturn - so many people think they are individuals when they are just following the herd (reminds me of that scene from Life of Brian: 'Yes, we are all individuals'......'I'm not!'). It's one of the many points of discussion daughter and I have had - the educational system itself pushes young people into conformity, to suit the way it runs and - if we're being cynical - to ensure we conform to society's dictats - so the existence of independently-thinking individuals is so valuable - and you are one of them, masquerade - be proud!

Saturn

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 5:29pm Post subject: -mutters incoherent blasphemies-

You are so right Saturn - so many people think they are individuals when they are just following the herd (reminds me of that scene from Life of Brian: 'Yes, we are all individuals'......'I'm not!').

X-D That's exactly what I was thinking of - it's so true and funny X-D

CollectorManiac

Posted Wed Feb 13th, 2008 5:05pm Post subject: -mutters incoherent blasphemies-

I can't say I've ever met anyone of the male persuasion who grew up into an adult! But then I never intend to grow up anyway; none of my role models ever have so why should I? Acting like an adult is boring!

In the immortal words of Tom Baker's Doctor-"What's the point of being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Jelly Baby?