Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

olivercross

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 10:21am Post subject: 100 Days of Fry
Not sure if everyone doesn't know about this already but the artist Morgan Ritchie (twitter: @morganritchie) has decided to draw sketches of the life of Stephen Fry every day for 100 says based only on the information that he gives out through his tweets.

The drawings are available on http://www.morganritchie.com/ , on her twitpic page and on Flickr.

Hope you enjoy them

PamJH

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 12:32pm Post subject: 100 Days of Fry
What a fun idea! I like what she has so far.

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 12:53pm Post subject: 100 Days of Fry
Yes, I think it is a great idea, and I, too, have enjoyed the drawings so far. I thought it was very clever of her draw him as staying in bed on the Sunday that he didn't tweet. I know that she is also sending them to Stephen, but I hope he understands that he now has to give her an interesting tweet every day to work with.

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Tue Jun 16th, 2009 9:52pm Post subject: 100 Days of Fry
I enjoy these drawings very much. I admire this very special style. Unobtrusive, showing the main characteristics and cutting right to the chase of the matter. I'm very pleased that we can expect a lot more during the next time. Ginj, you are right, Stephen hopefully will feel the necessity to tweet, enabling her to be creative.

Nitro

Posted Wed Jun 17th, 2009 12:35am Post subject: 100 Days of Fry
I fully agree with you ladyfromhamburg. Quite a nice style.

Really? Wow.

saintjakk

Posted Thu Jun 18th, 2009 3:32pm Post subject: 100 Days of Fry
Thought I might quickly point out that morgan ritchie is in fact a 'he', contrary to popular opinion..

x

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Thu Jun 18th, 2009 4:14pm Post subject: 100 Days of Fry
Thought I might quickly point out that morgan ritchie is in fact a 'he', contrary to popular opinion..

x

Oops! Sorry, I feel awful about it: I first thought Morgan to be a man's name but everybody talked about 'her'.
Please tell me, do you use the name for girls and boys?
In Germany we have some of these names like 'Janne', 'Kim' , 'Sidney' (which is not German, of course ) or 'Jo' and as my country is the country with many, many rules and regulations, you always have to add a second Christian name which is unmistakeable.

Soph

Posted Mon Jun 22nd, 2009 2:48pm Post subject: 100 Days of Fry
I've been viewing these daily. Very much enjoy them. Yesterdays, Day 21 made me giggle.

Photobucket

Nitro

Posted Tue Jun 23rd, 2009 8:30pm Post subject: 100 Days of Fry
I think Mr.Fry made a Twitter remark on this work today...wondering if it's flattery or irony...

Really? Wow.

olivercross

Posted Tue Jun 23rd, 2009 9:19pm Post subject: 100 Days of Fry
If I may refer you to day 13 I believe it may well be flattery and just plain old realism

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Tue Jun 23rd, 2009 10:13pm Post subject: 100 Days of Fry
I enjoy all of these drawings but I like particularly those which do not show him
affronting (because the drawn face seems sometimes strange) . I prefer those which can create a certain atmosphere in which Stephen is an important part and he immediately can be recognized. I think the way Morgan transformed and interpreted his tweets from (e.g.) day 15 and 20 is really good.

When Stephen twittered today regarding these drawings @morganritchie had about 307 followers. Now in the evening Twitter stated already 400. I think he deserves it (and a little PR too).