Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Rainbird

Posted Tue Jan 29th, 2008 10:04am Post subject: 20 Things I'd put in a box.....
1. My husband who is my rock and without whom I would not survive.
2. My son and daughter who bring joy to my life.
3. My home to keep me warm, dry and safe.
4. Our Wedding Photograph Album to take me back to one of the happiest days of my life.
5. My medication to keep me well and out of harms way.
6. A pen and pad of paper to write on to bring out my creative side.
7. A television and remote control to watch my favourite television programmes and keep up to date with the news and weather.
8. My wok to cook my favourite meals in.
9. A microwave to cook soup and t.v. dinners for when I am not in the mood to use the wok!
10. A bottle of chilled lager to sip whilst I am cooking.
11. A copy of The Lord of the Rings trilogy to read when the mood takes me.
12. A leather bond copy of Wuthering Heights to read and feel to take me back in time.
13. A watch with the date on which lights up in the dark and is water proof so I can use it all the time.
14. A swimming costume and towel so I can take a dip and have relaxing swim.
15. A Swiss Army Knife to do all manner of wonderful tasks with, including taking stones out of horses hooves if necessary.
16. A large Maglite torch to use in emergencies and bash intruders with should the need arise.
17. A DVD player and collection of DVD’s in case there is nothing I want to watch on television.
18. A bottle of Champagne just in case we have got something to celebrate.
19. My dishwasher to make life easier.
20. A diary or calendar to jog my memory and to make sure I don’t miss important dates or appointments.

Shyamz

Posted Tue Feb 19th, 2008 1:50pm Post subject: 20 Things I'd put in a box.....
That's great, everyone should do one of those. Makes you realise how many good things we have in our lives.

Dystopia Chaotica

Posted Mon Feb 25th, 2008 1:32pm Post subject: 20 Things I'd put in a box.....
That's great, everyone should do one of those. Makes you realise how many good things we have in our lives.

If I'm having a particularly rough time, I'll list ten things that make me happy (and then ten things that make me angry or sad - because I believe in equality, nomatter what.) Occasionally, I'll do the ten "bad" things first, because it's often easier to get out at the time.

9 out of 10 times it actually helps a lot to put into words WHAT it is that bugs me, and WHAT I have that's wonderful in my life.

PamJH

Posted Wed Jan 7th, 2009 6:33pm Post subject: 20 Things I'd put in a box.....
Here's my 10 (I want to keep my options over for the other 10)

1. Notebook and pen (counts as 1 because neither works without the other)
2. Colored pencils
3. a science encyclopedia
4. my iMac
5. one cat, probably Tinysue
6. a good conversationalist, matters not who it is
7. 2-liter of Coke
8. husband, if he behaves himself
9. daughter, same conditions
10. son, same conditions

I discovered this Web site only a few days ago. I'm finding it fun to comment on remarks made almost a year ago. Hope that's OK.

cecily

Posted Thu Feb 5th, 2009 8:53pm Post subject: 20 Things I'd put in a box.....
Similar to putting things in box but on the outside of a box you paste everything that means your life, maybe photographs, a scrap of material, a piece of ribbon you name it, but inside the box, well thats the part that counts.
Inside the box you place the the most dearest treasure to your heart, the one thing that is everything.
Very hard to choose. How does one choose one item, above all the others.
I know what I would place in the box, but then thats the special part, you lock the box and keep the secret for good, after all its what is the most treasured thing to you, not anyone else.

"Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury"