Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Jean-Marie Akkerman

Posted Fri Oct 12th, 2007 11:44am Post subject: 20 years of living with HIV and thriving in life!
I just wanted to Thank Mr Fry for his programmes on HIV as I can see how much work he has put into informing the world on social issues of the time!

ever since Diana died and the new drugs all awareness has kind of dissapeared and we need someone with his status to bring it back into people's eyes and ears.

I am trying to do my bit for the last 15 years raising awareness though the circus arts ( contemporary form) and am now looking to train disabled people to become artists for the Paralympic ceremonies.

http://www.cirquenova.com or
http://www.myspace.com/cirque_nova

I would love to tell Mr Fry about these projects and see if he would be willing to support my work, just because it is another social issue that can achieve more with his support, but I am very aware that too many people ask for his help.

all I can say is to please have a look at my website and see how interesting what we do is, forward it to potential sponsors people with money who would fund us to allow this project to work out, although obviously media attention would be what we really need.

I am out and proud of my HIV+ status, I am celebrating this very week 20 years of living with it and I still look healthy, good and I am rather fit...life is still good to me, although I could do with my company making enough to allow me to get wagtes and stopp depending on the embarrasment to be on benefits...

thanks for your support, or at least for what you have done for stigma in HIV this far.

Et si vous le voulez nous pouvons parler en Francais, Espanol, Italiano, or Deutch, although I am Dutch...but no-one cares to learn that language!!!

A fan, always
Mr Jean-Marie Akkerman

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 5:21pm Post subject: 20 years of living with HIV and thriving in life!
Firstly, don't ever stop what you're doing because it's/you're amazing. It's too bad Stephen didn't interview you! You are an inspiration to us all, regardless of sexual orientation.
Secondly, cool website. Nina Simone has always been a personal favorite of mine too! Good luck with it all!

I wish you health and wealth for the cause,

Toby

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Jean-Marie Akkerman

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 7:01pm Post subject: 20 years of living with HIV and thriving in life!
I am touched by your comments! and I will keep going as life is there to be lived and we should do it as good as we can!
regards
JM Akkerman