Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

WhyGenTom

Posted Sun Jan 6th, 2008 3:28pm Post subject: 6 Years of Hell, 2 Months of Mental Torture...
Who hasn't used cannabis?

the arguement against even medical use against it is how 'harmful' it is. But when compared to these other chemicals we have offered to us it seems so mild, my experiences were a more sedate to what i'm like on the valium... would be the perfect medication in my opinion lol.

Incidently i have a confession i make, i'm watching Location, Location, Location as i type this... what has become of me?!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3

katysara

Posted Sun Jan 6th, 2008 7:06pm Post subject: 6 Years of Hell, 2 Months of Mental Torture...
It probably wont happen but I recently read of some trials using cannabis in pill form to treat bipolar disorder... I WISH!!! I agree it is good for sedation, but if you are prone to psychosis (as is anyone who is bipolar) it is dangerous, and of course, there could drug induced paranoia and psychosis that cannot be distinguished from behaviour/feelings due to the bipolar disorder.

But then again, do we all do what is good for us? I know I don't. In fact I'm quite bad at it.

I do think it is worth staying off pot until after a proper diagnosis is made. A doctor can make a diagnosis properly if you have been clean for a while, depending on the drug you have misused, the dose, the frequency, the length of time using etc. Stay off it till you have your diagnosis, at least. Most people would probably advise you to avoid it forever.

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

WhyGenTom

Posted Wed Jan 9th, 2008 6:08pm Post subject: 6 Years of Hell, 2 Months of Mental Torture...
just had another appointment with my CPN, expecting to get the full psychiatric assessment within 'a couple of weeks'. mark those words lol.

again, because it appears that the cipralex itself has had enough of an effect as to allow me to get on with my day-to-day life until an assessment is done, and a concrete diagnosis is in place, i've not been prescribed any mood stabilising medication, or further sedatives despite being told by teachers, friends and my mother that i have completely switched around the other way emotionally and am over the top, uncharacteristically upbeat, sociable again and generally acting strangely... so i'm not convinced that the meds have fixed me, rather i've just been caught in the cycle and am on a high the past few days, i guess time will tell.

it seems that my CPN is trying to look beyond a psycotic illness to something more stress, panic or anxiety related in order to see this as a one off, despite the fact she brought the dellusion and paranoia to light.
It's all a bit confusing at the moment... i'm still not willing to accept that this has been a minor experience because it's gone on far too long, has been far too severe and has been completely out of my control, with no clear reason for it to happen.
with that said i see my GP next week and she's been willing to prescribe me lithium since the major depressive stage passed, although i'm going to wait and see what the psychiatrics say before making a decision.

WhyGenTom

Posted Sun Jan 27th, 2008 3:00am Post subject: 6 Years of Hell, 2 Months of Mental Torture...
Sorry to almost bump this thread... I'm sure you're all getting sick to death of me by now lol but anyway I just wanted to add a couple of things...

I didn't wanna start a new topic on this subject, and I've been feeling kind of down all day and it's keeping me awake now with a distinct lack of people in my life I feel I can talk to about it... so I thought I would ask you ladies and gents (if you want to) add me on msn - toonarmy_tom@hotmail.co.uk - would adore the opportunity to talk to some of you more often :)

Also...

expecting to get the full psychiatric assessment within 'a couple of weeks'. mark those words lol. - 'January 9th' - 16 days on, no contact what-so-ever... completing my disillusion with my life at the moment.

love you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3