Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

dreamweaver

Posted Mon Mar 26th, 2007 4:26pm Post subject: A big hello and also a huge thank you
Hi all

I'm the most recent noobie to the SF forum and I'd like to say Hi to fellow "Fryers"

Secondly, I would like to issue a public, massive and most heartfelt thank you to Stephen himself for making my daughter and myself the happiest people in Middlesbrough!!!

We had the pleasure of seeing Stephen on our local landmark the Transporter Bridge on Sunday. She is currently a photography/graphics student and we were out 'on assignment' I think the technical term is Stephen posed most kindly for a photo, was incredibly charming and took the time to speak to me about his latest 'adventure' up in the North East whilst being suspended under the bridge in a cradle above the murky River Tees!

Dear Stephen, I hope you managed to see a little bit more of our area other than the industrial wasteland you were visiting. Our little corner of the NE is a bit of a hidden gem for those who like to venture into the unknown. I hope you found (the majority of !) Teessiders hospitable and friendly.

It was a real pleasure to speak to you - albeit briefly!!

A true gentle-man indeed.

best wishes
Michelle, Jade (had the cameras!) and Mark

boffinbabe12

Posted Mon Mar 26th, 2007 7:05pm Post subject: A big hello and also a huge thank you
You are the luckiest person..... ever.

trouser material

Posted Mon Mar 26th, 2007 7:07pm Post subject: A big hello and also a huge thank you
No, thats me. She comes second.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Mar 26th, 2007 7:25pm Post subject: A big hello and also a huge thank you
*clears throat*

WOW

Any chance of posting those pics?

pweeeeeeeeeeeeze *puppy eyes*

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

ratoutofhell

Posted Mon Mar 26th, 2007 11:19pm Post subject: A big hello and also a huge thank you
Oooh, so jealous...

*melts*

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Tue Mar 27th, 2007 12:09am Post subject: A big hello and also a huge thank you
Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?

*runs around in a circle all hyper*

Betsie

Posted Tue Mar 27th, 2007 5:08am Post subject: A big hello and also a huge thank you
Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?Where's the picture?

*runs around in a circle all hyper*

You made me giggle.

melampus

Posted Tue Mar 27th, 2007 9:00am Post subject: A big hello and also a huge thank you
Stephen posed most kindly for a photo, was incredibly charming and took the time to speak to me about his latest 'adventure' up in the North East whilst being suspended under the bridge in a cradle above the murky River Tees!

Hi Dreamweaver, and welcome!! But... what was Stephen DOING suspended under the bridge in a cradle? Bungy-jumping for babies???

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

dreamweaver

Posted Tue Mar 27th, 2007 9:54am Post subject: A big hello and also a huge thank you
If Stephen doesn't mind yet another piccie of him being posted then watch this space!!!!

Stephen and the tv crew were filming in our area for a documentary. Would I be a spoiler if I spilled the beans? Are these things secret until nearer release date? I wouldn't want to step over any unwritten confidentiality type boundaries about this kind of thing. Hmmmm quandry indeed

ClareBear

Posted Tue Mar 27th, 2007 10:29am Post subject: A big hello and also a huge thank you
I've received no word as to whet to keep quiet ant what not, but if you want to stop people spoiling things for themselves, put it in tiny writing.

And welcome, by the way.

dreamweaver

Posted Tue Mar 27th, 2007 1:19pm Post subject: A big hello and also a huge thank you
Thanks for the welcome

Stephen is working on a documentary for BBC2 to be (hopefully) shown in September. The reason for his visit to Middlesbrough was to highlight the story of an HIV positive man who deliberately infected 3 women and an 18 yr old girl with the virus. He allegedly kept the girl prisoner within his home solely for sex. He was jailed December 2004 for GBH. A truly harrowing event.