Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

exoskeleton

Posted Sat Apr 4th, 2009 7:03pm Post subject: a bit of Fry art
I offer these to you because I think that skillful art is wonderful to behold, and all other art is hilarious. you can choose which category this stuff fits in but hopefully it's an overall positive experience.

sockdolager.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Apr 4th, 2009 7:24pm Post subject: a bit of Fry art
Very good. I must admit I like the Jeeves one best, but still they are both very nicely done.

Soph

Posted Sat Apr 4th, 2009 7:32pm Post subject: a bit of Fry art
Aw, fantastic! They're both really good.
The first has a great likeness to Stephen's twitpic, so I think it's been successful.
I simply love the second one, certainly expressive. And you've captured Jeeves facial expression perfectly. : ]

Photobucket

PamJH

Posted Sun Apr 5th, 2009 6:38am Post subject: a bit of Fry art
I like the eyes in both of these drawings.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Sun Apr 5th, 2009 12:46pm Post subject: a bit of Fry art
As someone who can only create circle patterns with the help of a compass & ruler, I think these are amazing.

When I was a t college a dear older chap told us that anyone can draw; you just put down on the paper what you see. I felt lifted by this but was soon back down again when no-one could see the log in front me on my paper!! X-D

I have a cunning plan!

exoskeleton

Posted Sun Apr 5th, 2009 8:51pm Post subject: a bit of Fry art
if you want to do art, you really should try it! seriously, I love drawing and painting, and I only started about two years ago. I saw art other people did and I wished I could create such nice-looking things.
also, I wouldn't say drawing what you feel is the best method. drawing what you see is a much easier way to start out. measure things in my mind, think about the texture and shading. this doesn't meant you have to always copy things, but I think it's an easier way to start out.

thanks for the nice comments everybody!

sockdolager.