Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Maren

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 6:04pm Post subject: a cabin?
We could build our own village and be "Hermits United"

X-D

Yes, Yes, Yes - where's the axe?
It's not a question of living completely isolated or "renouncing the world" like banjo said - I just don't want to live in the city. (It's too loud and too cramped.)
I would like to have a house with a large property and many dogs! Something like this:

http://tieroase-birkenschold.de/

sorry, it's a german animal shelter, but there are some pictures. I've visited it twice, and it's really gorgeous

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 6:15pm Post subject: a cabin?
Hee, I'm the other way around banjo! I've lived in the country and city centers (and suburbs too!) and I much, much, much, much, MUCH prefer city life. I know its rather the opposite of most people but I very unsafe living out in the country. I spent every night in bed, panic stricken that any moment a farmer would burst in and murder me with a scythe.

Pfft! Scythe! Yeah right! Everyone knows they do it with meat hooks. X-D

O.O Thank you, I will NEVER SLEEP AGAIN.

Red Raven

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 7:00pm Post subject: a cabin?
Hee, I'm the other way around banjo! I've lived in the country and city centers (and suburbs too!) and I much, much, much, much, MUCH prefer city life. I know its rather the opposite of most people but I very unsafe living out in the country. I spent every night in bed, panic stricken that any moment a farmer would burst in and murder me with a scythe.

Pfft! Scythe! Yeah right! Everyone knows they do it with meat hooks. X-D

O.O Thank you, I will NEVER SLEEP AGAIN.

:'( Sowwy!

Maren

Posted Fri Apr 4th, 2008 1:47pm Post subject: a cabin?
And what about HAYFORKS?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Apr 4th, 2008 4:07pm Post subject: a cabin?

scythe? hay hooks? what century are you guys living in? today's farmer would use a john deere. (though i don't know any murderous farmers.)

i guess it just depends on what's comfortable for you! i don't find either one unsafe but i missed parts of country life. (i found a nest of baby bunnies yesterday. i hope i didn't end up screwing up thier lives)

i've met folks from nyc and la who seemed so confident, until i went with them to go swimming at a quarry. one guy sat in a fetal position on a rock because he was afraid to touch anything.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Apr 4th, 2008 4:32pm Post subject: a cabin?

scythe? hay hooks? what century are you guys living in? today's farmer would use a john deere. (though i don't know any murderous farmers.)

You'll find, Banjo, that it's quite difficult to sneak up in the dark on a John Deere. XP

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Apr 4th, 2008 4:37pm Post subject: a cabin?
oh...you're right.

maybe that's why farm murders are down 23 %.

i'm kidding. nobody take me seriously.

j9r

Posted Wed Apr 9th, 2008 12:13am Post subject: a cabin?
Most farmer's have shotguns, although I did see a movie where they did some one in with a combine.

Me, I saw a show once where a woman was paid by the Parks Service to live on one of the outer most Hawiian Islands, count birds and pick up garbage, no other humans on the island. She had a house, a small generator and a radio. I thought to myself, I want that job. Bring me supplies and I would be fine for at least 6 months. As long as I know someone would be back sooner or later.

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed Apr 9th, 2008 2:20am Post subject: a cabin?
i've met folks from nyc and la who seemed so confident, until i went with them to go swimming at a quarry. one guy sat in a fetal position on a rock because he was afraid to touch anything.

City slickers X-D

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Apr 9th, 2008 3:27pm Post subject: a cabin?

City slickers X-D

X-D

i tried not to be to teasing...
but when you turn the tables, and i'm in manhattan,
you don't see me crouched like a cornered raccoon.

(though i did spin my head around so much looking at things that i tripped on a curb)

(several times)
:-//

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Apr 9th, 2008 4:56pm Post subject: a cabin?

X-D

i tried not to be to teasing...
but when you turn the tables, and i'm in manhattan,
you don't see me crouched like a cornered raccoon.

(though i did spin my head around so much looking at things that i tripped on a curb)

(several times)
:-//

Aw! *huggles*