Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

filliamhmuffin

Posted Fri Mar 30th, 2007 2:07am Post subject: a greeting of sorts
Hmm, I didn't see a specific topic where new people post introductions, so I'll just write one here and keep it short. Feel free to think "boring!" and click the 'back' button on your browser if you wish. I won't mind. Also, feel free to erase this, Sir/Madam Moderator, if it states in the rules somewhere that this kind of post is unwelcome. Anyway, enough with the disclaimers:

I'm 24, attending the University of Vermont (I waited a few years after high school to start) and I'll be studying abroad in China for seven months starting this May. I'm a modern European history major, however, so my choice of language study makes no sense. Also, I plan to go to med school after I graduate, so really, none of this makes sense.
I'm a fan of Stephen Fry through "Jeeves & Wooster" (which I watch with my grandmother, a fellow Wodehouse fan) and "A Bit of Fry and Laurie." I'm hoping to get a copy of Moab Is My Washpot and read it instead of doing homework as soon as possible. I'm also a fan of all things related to the art and music world of the 20's and 30's.

That's all. I've already unleashed a sizeable spew in the "Annoying Little Things" thread, and so I decided to show you the slightly fuzzier side of me too, in order to give you a more balanced perspective.

I'm glad to be part of this forum.

meekychuppet

Posted Fri Mar 30th, 2007 7:42am Post subject: a greeting of sorts
You must be blind.

ClareBear

Posted Fri Mar 30th, 2007 8:18am Post subject: a greeting of sorts
You must be blind.

Enhance your calm, Meeky.

Also, feel free to erase this, Sir/Madam Moderator, if it states in the rules somewhere that this kind of post is unwelcome

Not unwelcome at all, it's just that there's a big Introductions thread (with capital letters and stickiness) here:

http://stephenfry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=619&start=0

...so this thread will receive a visit from the Lock Fairy.