Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Jul 23rd, 2011 4:26pm Post subject: a place to sit

I've got a few cds, and some nice biscuits.

That would be me.

gadgetgirl

Posted Wed Aug 3rd, 2011 12:17pm Post subject: a place to sit

Having one of those days when I'm just tired of everything and am fed up of fighting the demons as I just can't see the point. I will fight but... *chomps biscuit*

That would be me.

marzgirl

Posted Wed Aug 31st, 2011 8:01pm Post subject: a place to sit

I like this new thread. I was tossing around ideas for a thread that would continue on kind of like "is it clear yet? Since Katy was the last to post, understandably it did not feel right to post after her.

I think this thread is just right! Thank you gadgetgirl!!!

Has been very hot here, in the 90's with some late afternoon/evening thunderstorms. I love thunderstorms too. Except the last one knocked our power out in the night for a couple of hours and my back up batteries for my alarm clock failed. Thank goodness my husband uses the alarm on his watch or the kids would have been late for school.

I have done a few garden and house chores today so I think I will reward myself with a movie before the kids get home. I find it so hard to get myself motivated I have to reward myself like a child. LOL!

Thanks again gadgetgirl! Your thread is most appreciated!
XXXXX

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

greentree

Posted Wed Aug 31st, 2011 8:55pm Post subject: a place to sit

Are the kids back at school already? The schools here don't start back until next week. When do you guys break up for Christmas?

No sig.

marzgirl

Posted Thu Sep 1st, 2011 3:14pm Post subject: a place to sit

I do not even know about Christmas break. I have not looked that far ahead. LOL!! They have a short fall break and we hope to drive up to Colorado to see my dad.
Waiting now for the bus to pick up my son. It is late today. No matter how early I go to to bed it is still soooooo hard to get up in the morning!!!!

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

marzgirl

Posted Thu Sep 1st, 2011 3:31pm Post subject: a place to sit

Just got a little freaked! A neighbour across the street must have a parrot. It was doing that whistle and saying "what?" and a few other things I could not make out. Mos def sounds like a parrot but was freaky at first.
My grandma had a parrot that said a few things. While she was away on a trip my Uncle taught it to say "sex is good". My Gran was the prudest woman on earth!! I wish I could have seen her face when she got home and heard that.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

gadgetgirl

Posted Wed Sep 21st, 2011 12:01pm Post subject: a place to sit

Office is lonely (everyone away on hols or at meetings) and I can't concentrate on work at all. May start singing to myself.

Hey marzgirl - how's it going?

That would be me.

Stefi

Posted Wed Sep 21st, 2011 8:47pm Post subject: a place to sit

It's very calming reading you all chat away. Think I'll join you if it's OK.
You are right, thunderthorms are good. Much better than just raining away all the time like here... I love it when it's windy.

We are talking of the idea of beauty, and the beauty of ideas.

@Giggi_1

gadgetgirl

Posted Thu Oct 13th, 2011 7:30pm Post subject: a place to sit

It's been very windy and blown the leaves off the trees, which is beautiful.

That would be me.

Katymum

Posted Sat Oct 15th, 2011 6:08pm Post subject: a place to sit

It feels nice and cosy here. May I join you, please? I'll bring biscuits! x

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Oct 15th, 2011 6:41pm Post subject: a place to sit

Everyone very welcome Need a cushion?

That would be me.

Katymum

Posted Sun Oct 16th, 2011 1:46pm Post subject: a place to sit

ooh...yes please. Cushions, biscuits and a bit of warming sunshine. The garden is full of autumn leaves that need clearing but I'm busy sitting on my cushion...

greentree

Posted Sun Oct 16th, 2011 8:20pm Post subject: a place to sit

Anyone mind if i get a wee fire going - it's a bit nippy in the evenings now..... we could toast marshmallows....

No sig.

Stefi

Posted Sun Oct 16th, 2011 8:46pm Post subject: a place to sit

That's a very good idea! We could burn Katymum's leaves, solve two problems at once. I'll bring some marshmallows. And sticks.

We are talking of the idea of beauty, and the beauty of ideas.

@Giggi_1

Katymum

Posted Mon Oct 17th, 2011 12:10pm Post subject: a place to sit

Anyone for hot chocolate in a very large mug?