Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

elTweeno

Posted Wed Feb 1st, 2012 5:32pm Post subject: a place to sit

Frazzy said:
It's when the inspector turns up with close up photographs of everything from the toilet bowl to the light fittings, that you begin to question your own insanity...

Or the inspector's sanity...

Marz, if you want a productive day, sitting near some businessman/woman who's really busy in a coffee shop always gets me motivated for anything!

Think I'll slump down on a beanbag in the corner.

Feel pretty rough & rather annoyed with my local CMHT for making me wait for help AGAIN. I've been in a 'risky' state for 4 months but, hey, it's not like I'm getting worse or anything. Oh, wait, yes I am...

Think I'll have some chocolate - there's plenty for all!

eT

I'm also on Twitter: elTweeno (of course!)

gadgetgirl

Posted Wed Feb 1st, 2012 7:13pm Post subject: a place to sit

I have some silly chocolate with high percentage of cocoa. Happy to share and sit. Think I'll have my own butt groove at this rate!

That would be me.

Frazzy

Posted Wed Feb 1st, 2012 10:03pm Post subject: a place to sit

I have a bag of "fun size" flakes, and a lot of holes in my teeth.
Will share the flakes, but no trying to remove my tortured teeth, those bastards are stuck there until they disintegrate or exit of their own accord.

Drac0

Posted Thu Feb 2nd, 2012 4:25am Post subject: a place to sit

Think I'll come and sit a while again. Need to slow down right now. Mania has been in control the last few days but handling it better than expected. Finally managed a bit of sleep over the last 24 hours which has helped a lot, but still short of what I need.

House is looking cleaner though.

My journey, my story.....a blog of my ongoing struggle with mental illness.
When I'm down, I write. Find some of my scribblings on Scribd.
Find me on Twitter: @drac0z

Katymum

Posted Thu Feb 2nd, 2012 11:37am Post subject: a place to sit

Knock, knock. May I sit in here for a while.

Frazzy

Posted Thu Feb 2nd, 2012 7:14pm Post subject: a place to sit

Just had one of those terrible nightmares where you dream that you wake up, but then the nightmare continues, and then you wake up again, but still you're in the nightmare.. AHRGH. Hopefully I'm actually awake now.

greentree

Posted Fri Feb 3rd, 2012 8:07pm Post subject: a place to sit

Hi Katymum, how's things?

No sig.

Katymum

Posted Sat Feb 4th, 2012 5:29pm Post subject: a place to sit

Very much the same, really. So very hard at times and then something else hits you for six. I guess what is of the utmost importance to us doesn't seem to matter to others. xxSC

Frazzy

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2012 10:45pm Post subject: a place to sit

Having a really shitty day today, feeling like there's no hope for anything to ever get better and everything is completely pointless.

ArleneA

Posted Thu Mar 22nd, 2012 4:49am Post subject: a place to sit

Why do I find the term "Manic Depressive" easier to accept than someone who has "Bipolar"? I have absolutely no idea.

Back in November last year, whilst during another hospital admission, I had a meeting with an employee from Fife Employment Access Trust about beginning several courses to gain confidence etc. anyway I must have been having 'one of those days' as when I glanced at the bottom of my notes that were present at the meeting - I noticed a line all in capital letters ie. DOES NOT LIKE THE WORD BIPOLAR - Oh dear one must have been having a little 'off day' tut tut.

There is still so much stigma attached to having a mental health illness; and also having been admitted to, shock horror, a psychiatric hospital. It is unreal how small-minded some people really are.

What shocked me the most was when I was first admitted to hospital some 4 years ago and my then mother-in-law and father-in-law did not come near to visit me, not once. When I questioned my then husband at the time about this, he merely replied "well, you know, they are embarassed.." Oh wonderful. Let's hope they do not get struck down with a mental illness in the future and need to be admitted to such a place. Let's see how they would feel for family to wash their hands of them as they are 'embarassed'.

Mental health illnesses do not pick and choose their 'victims', oh no they are completely unbiased; so I reckon what goes around comes around, EVENTUALLY and they will get their just deserts. This I am sure of:)

I met a very nice man, through rather unfortunate circumstances (ie. in hospital). He is 16 years older than me. Purely platonic friendship, nothing more. Of course the gossip mongering went into complete overdrive. Comments such as "she must be having an affair with him" to "why on earth is she hanging around with him, he is schizophrenic" to the usual and more common one "she must be a gold digger". Sigh. It was none of those things at all. We stopped each other from feeling lonely, hardly a crime?

To cut a long story short this man is literally on his last legs. He is terrified of doctors, perhaps part of his illness. He has a massive tumour in his stomach, which was discovered when he finally agreed to accompany me to his local doctor's surgery, under duress, I might add! He was admitted to hospital the same day and the next day signed himself out; due to the fact he was to have a CT scan and well he freaked out at this idea:(

He is now very much on borrowed time. I am waiting any day now on the dreaded phone call to confirm that he has indeed left this world and is now on the other side, if there is infact an other side. I can no longer go round and visit him as he is pretty much resembling a 'living corpse' and I want to remember him the way he was, a big, strong, strapping man. I guess death brings out all sort of emotions in you. He was a truly good friend to me in my time of need. That I shall never forget. I am so glad I stuck by him regardless of all the negative comments that were flying around constantly.

I am glad that I saw beneath the perhaps 'simple' nature of the man. I saw him for the lovely, kind, reliable and honest gentleman that he was. I wish more people out there would try and do this. If you limit yourself to only being friends with people who you think will 'look good' with you, well you are missing out big time!

"This is me - don't try and change it..."

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Mar 24th, 2012 3:20am Post subject: a place to sit

Hey guys this is kind of getting off track and it's probably time for a reminder of what this thread was intended for which is "Do we have a place to sit and just not say/type very much any more?..." Please let's try and get this back on track so that those who were benefiting from it's calm may continue to do so.

I haz macaroons.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

ArleneA

Posted Sat Mar 24th, 2012 4:39am Post subject: a place to sit

Oh, I am sorry. I am new here, and perhaps posted my last post in the 'wrong section'. Do forgive me. I shall not do it again! I am thinking now it should have been put in the "Zero Room" for letting off steam??

"This is me - don't try and change it..."

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Mar 24th, 2012 5:09am Post subject: a place to sit

No worries, my post wasn't directed at anyone specific.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Mar 24th, 2012 11:07am Post subject: a place to sit

I need a very quiet spot to clear the fog. Thinking of everyone.

That would be me.

Katymum

Posted Sat Mar 24th, 2012 7:11pm Post subject: a place to sit

I'm in here, doing the same.xx