Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

CollectorManiac

Posted Sun Dec 21st, 2008 5:39pm Post subject: A rambling return
Hello one and all! Damn I have missed this forum
I don't know how long it's been, but in the madness of the past month-ish I haven't been able to get anywhere near this place
But now that I have finally stopped, I fear I may be about to vent all over you unfortunate reader....
Firstly, happy note! I got an interview at Cambridge, that was on Monday, I think it went ok, the written test was easy, the tutorial interview went well, just nice and chatty, but the subject interview was really hard to judge, she asked really dull questions that I couldn't really make very interesting, so I fear that such an average show might fade me into the background =S
But damnit all I have to wait till new years eve to find out =[
Less chipper note, much less in fact, 2 weeks last Wednesday my boyfriend's dad died of a heart attack. At 17, in the middle of A Levels and just after another unfortunate incident, it's kind of knocked him for 6, and I'm not quite sure what to do about it, it's my first real experience of a friend losing someone, never mind someone so close to them. I did go to the funeral and rode in the front car with him, I'm pretty much operating on the 'whatever he wants or needs, I'll do my best to helo with' thing atm so I did as requested. I'm terrified about the effect Christmas and New Year might have, and my god I hope Cambridge give him an offer, he could really use the boost, and hopefully sometime soon I'll get the mental image of him carrying the coffin in the rain out of my head
That was morbid, and I apologise, but there's a marked lack of anyone around to lean on at present
Anyway, if you've been determined enough to read this, well done and cheers!
And whether you have or not, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
and a very happy new year =]

WhyGenTom

Posted Mon Dec 22nd, 2008 10:22am Post subject: A rambling return
I'm really sorry about your boyfriends father and I hope everything goes well with you getting into Cambridge. Try make the best of Christmas and New Year no matter what and hopefully 2009 will run smooth.

Maxx England

Posted Tue Dec 23rd, 2008 1:40pm Post subject: A rambling return
Tango, I think sometimes just a hug as you pass by while you're doing something else is as important as any big gesture or words. Other times, you just have to sit and listen as he talks. If you haven't been there yet, be aware there can be pain and rage and you could be in the flightpath when it happens. It won't be really at you personally, but you're the nearest to him. It will be hard, but it's the most help you can give sometimes, just to listen.

Hope you have better times ahead.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Dec 24th, 2008 3:09am Post subject: A rambling return
*hugs* sorry to hear about your bf's dad...so hard to lose anyone near christmas especially someone younger.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Katrina

Posted Wed Dec 24th, 2008 6:30am Post subject: A rambling return
Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. My friend's dad killed himself in our Senior year, and I just... didn't know what to do. I mean, what can you possibly say, you know? I guess the best thing is just to let him tell you what he needs, and it sounds like you're doing the right thing by just being around.

But... good luck to both of you on Cambridge, and try to enjoy the holidays. It sounds like you have a great attitude, and I hope things go well in the coming year!

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

CollectorManiac

Posted Sat Dec 27th, 2008 3:54pm Post subject: A rambling return
Thanks everybody, it's dayum nice and reassuring to hear that I seem to be doing the right thing
Hope you all had a good Christmas, now it's over I'm perching on tenterhooks waiting for the Cambridge letter before the new year, oh dear oh dear =P

CollectorManiac

Posted Fri Jan 2nd, 2009 4:43pm Post subject: A rambling return
Cambridge = EVIL
It's the 2nd January, all responses were suppsoed to be given by the end of December
not a word, Oxford kids got there's before Christmas, while we are dragged about on tenterhooks
damnitall!
Very time the letter box goes I jump a mile xP