Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

karen m

Posted Thu May 22nd, 2008 12:21am Post subject: a rant and a celebration
first of all i am soooooo happy because my little nephew was finally born yesterday so loving being an auntie for the 2nd time

HOWEVER

i can't even get near the child! my brother and sister are down from scotland for it and they seem to use this against me- i'm not allowed to hold him because they're only here for a week attitude, i get daggers if i do hold him

he was born at 3pm yesterday, i was meant to work at four and visiting was at 5pm so i managed to wrangle a slightly later start which i have to make up, i got to the hospital at 5 15 and left at 545 to get back to work in rush hour traffic for 6 30, they all got to the hospital at 5 and stayed till 9 so got 4 hrs with him. i was off 2day so went to the hospital at about 11, my sister was meant to take our neice to nursery at 12 after she'd seen her baby brother so she was at the hospital at the same time, then she tried to make out that i was meant to take her to nursery because she wanted more time with our nephew- even though i hadnt seen him the night before! it was a standoff because i said no, but then i did it anyway because my other sister who had had the baby was getting stressed and thats the last thing she needs at the moment. then i had to collect her from nursery because they had gobe to lunch and my sister hadnt left hospital yet, which was fine because i got to spend time with my neice. we were meant to have a sort of celevration at my sisters house but only when she called to say it was ok because obviously they wanted to get settled as a family so i dropped my neice off with them when they got home then i went home (an hour and a half with rush hour!) only to find out when i got there that just after i left, my brother and sister from scotland had turned up at her house, making it a pointless journey back and another 1 and a 1/2 hour journey there again, the result being that i didnt get there till late and when i did get there i managed to get a hold of him which i thought was fair seeing as they had had him all day plus the extra 3 hrs i spent travelling, only to be told...

'we're only here for a week so we get to hold him'

he is not a toy, i am just as excited about him as they are and can't be expected to not want to hold him when he's born JUST because i live here!

and it happens all the time with my neice, when they're here i'm meant to ignore her so they get her the whole time they're down, and my sis makes out she's helped soooooooo much this week taking our neice to nursery when the truth is that she won't let anyone else do it unless she gets something out of it ..... prime example ...TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

much better

harbour

Posted Fri Jun 13th, 2008 8:13pm Post subject: a rant and a celebration
That's annoying, innit?
I take it your brother and sister have gone back home by now, so you'll get more time with him. He's certainly lucky to have such a loving auntie.
Hey, maybe you should move to Australia or something. Then there'd be no more of that "but we came all the way down.." nonsense, because you'd have made the longest trip of them all and therefore have claim to the special treatment.

p.s. Love your banner

karen m

Posted Sat Jun 14th, 2008 1:02am Post subject: a rant and a celebration
yep they have all gone and who do you think is doing the babysitting mwahahahaha. No, i do love them all really but its a constant competition over who loves them more which in hindsight is a good thing to be arguing about (note: i'm only saying that because i get to spend time with them both now lol) as for australia, i see your point but i'm sure they'd still complain because thats what my family does but we all love each other again within 5 minutes of arguing and we couldn't really be any closer without becoming the waltons or something

as for the ps.... thankyou