Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Darker Times

Posted Thu Dec 7th, 2006 10:22pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I have always thought that I would like to know how and when, but an experience a few years ago put me off.

My father died when I was two and I have no memory of him. My friend (who is a dentist) had studied hypnosis, in order to help patients who had a fear of dentistry. I agreed to be "put under" to see if I could recall seeing my father.

I remember being in a room, rather like a small library. The shelves were full of video tapes, and in the room was a TV and VCR. I was told that each tape represented a day of my life, and I could pick any and play it back.
Sounds crazy, but I did this and I could see things on the screen that I later confrimed with my mother as being factual. I did see my father, but only briefly.
To go back to the point.......certain tapes would not play, they were either blank or so distorted that I could not see anything. It was explained that these were yet to be recorded on and that I would not be able to see further than the current time.

I do believe that our death is etched on us at birth.....but I no longer wish to discover when that day will be.

Philip

Kat

Posted Fri Dec 8th, 2006 5:36pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
if i found out i was gonna die years and years from now then i wouldn't mind knowing but if someone told me i only had a few days left i think i'd rather leave it as a surprise xx

Frylu

Posted Mon Dec 11th, 2006 9:24pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I donĀ“t want to find that out. But this is very interesting. If you knew where and when you are going to die, would you be able to change all that? Perhaps to stay at home , when you know you will die in a train. Highly philosophical that one (!)

Kari

Posted Tue Dec 12th, 2006 11:01am Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I'd be afraid for the rest of my life. I feel like time passes in the blink of an eye. Before I knew it, I'd be dead. and I don't want to be dead. I'm terrified of death.

Kat

Posted Tue Dec 12th, 2006 9:18pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
if you knew when you're gonna die you won't be as terrified of it because you would learn to accept it and just live your life xx

Kari

Posted Tue Dec 12th, 2006 10:37pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I wouldn't. I can never let things go. Least of all the fact that at a certain point in my life I'm going to get snuffed out and just cease to be (as I believe Death is). I believe that even if I came to pretend like I didn't care, I'd still end up screaming and crying and terrified. Because I don't believe I'm going to a wonderful happy land full of choirs and angels and everyone who has ever passed on. No way.

goodgirl

Posted Wed Dec 20th, 2006 3:53pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
If you type 'When will I die' into google it comes up with numerous amusing 'tests' I, apparently will fall drunk out of a hotel window. Very Keith Moon.

boffinbabe12

Posted Sat Dec 23rd, 2006 8:43pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I think that I would take that test, if I was old and nearing the end of my life, just to think what the heck- blow it! I'm going to die soon, might as well find out how long I've got!

Donnie Darko

Posted Mon Jan 15th, 2007 10:50pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I voted 'yes', as I've always been terrified of dying half-way through a book. At least if I had an idea of when I was due to pop off, I could take this into account vis-a-vis my reading matter.

Britannicus

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 12:36am Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I'd like to know, then forget. Not much point in it, I guess. But my curiosity would be quenched if only for the briefest of moments. I used to be horribly afraid that I'd die before the last Harry Potter book was released...but unless I get knocked off in the next two months, I think I'll somehow manage to survive the midnight release parties.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Phlizz

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 12:45am Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
Hmm - I think if you knew then your life would play out like an episode of the Twilight Zone. Like, if you knew you were going to die in a plane crash, you'd never go on a plane, spend all your life never travelling and being miserable because you couldn't and then a plane would land on your house or something anyway - so it would have come true - you know what I mean?

Aoibheann

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 1:25am Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
there is a test you can take.. on thespark.com... called the death test... its funny... there is lots of other ones aswell... hilarious stuff.

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 1:27am Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I took that, its on my myspace page.... says I'll die of suicide... nothing new there...

Aoibheann

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 1:31am Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
yeah? funnily enough it said i would die of the same.... mad stuff....

ahh sure... lets not go there tonight! im to happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Skadoo

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 3:08am Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
My initial curious side would probably want to know but my terrified side would be too scared to find out especially if I were to find out it was sometime next week. Things like that are just better off unknown. There is also the distinct possibility that I would run around like Oedipus trying to avoid my fate and somehow end up killing my father and sleeping with my mother...which is just WRONG on so many levels. Yep, I'd rather let death be a surprise X-D