Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

absolutely curtains

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 10:52am Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I'd be afraid for the rest of my life. I feel like time passes in the blink of an eye. Before I knew it, I'd be dead. and I don't want to be dead. I'm terrified of death.

You wouldn't care. You wouldn't know, you'd be dead.

I remember once I was really ill and I couldn't breathe and I was temporarily losing my sight and hearing, and I thought that I was going to die, but it didn't scare me. I automatically just started praying in my head, saying sorry for everything I'd ever done and thank you for the lot of it...

Bit weird.

Britannicus

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 11:17am Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
When I was about twelve, at around the time of all that Y2K fright, I had a dream that my city was destroyed by a large meteor or nuclear bomb or whatnot. Something of that sort. Very specific dream, beginning about two hours before the big boom, then afterwards when all us dead people got to poke around at all the burnt rubble and say oooh. Most vivid dream I've ever had, I think.

Anywho, two months ago...two months exactly, actually...hmm...well, things began to happen almost precisely as they had in that old dream. Nearly the same sequence of events that led up to the boom. So for about an hour I was almost convinced that I was gonna get blown up before the night was over. And I felt pretty okay with it after a while. ...Well, maybe not entirely, :P, but what was I going to do, go wake up the only driver in the house and try to convince them that a seven-year-old dream had prophecised that we were all gonna die and that we had to leave RIGHT THEN?

But boy do I ever hate that dream now. *grumbles*

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

meekychuppet

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 11:45am Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I'm not so bothered about dying, it's never living that troubles me.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 12:13pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I was lying in bed and my wife said "If you could know when and how you were going to die, would you want to know?"
I said "No."
She said "OK, never mind."

absolutely curtains

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 2:57pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I was lying in bed and my wife said "If you could know when and how you were going to die, would you want to know?"
I said "No."

X-D

and Ooh.

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 3:54pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I said "No."

X-D X-D X-D

I like that....

damellhine

Posted Sun Oct 7th, 2007 3:58pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
Sorry - out of date though my reply is, I have to say this is not a very nice thread.

I do know when my ETD is..........(give or take a year)

And it's not nice knowing your future has been cancelled.

Suddenly life is all about timetables - and you resent every wasted day and count-off your Christmases.

Hmmmmmm ...... on this one subject I would definitely say ignorance is bliss, guys.

Y'all live long and prosper -

please

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Oct 7th, 2007 5:35pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I often wish that I could find out when I was going to die and from what. Does anybody else feel this way. Does anybody else feel that they can't stand the suspense?
zoo

Interesting, but I wouldn't want my decision making/thought process skewed by it. Besides, if you subscribe to the "live every day like it's your last" idea, does it really matter? I am perfectly happy to plough along at top speed until i come to dead a stop. By the way, that's a "hell no" from me!
X-D
Toby

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Oct 7th, 2007 5:43pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
Sorry - out of date though my reply is, I have to say this is not a very nice thread.

I do know when my ETD is..........(give or take a year)

And it's not nice knowing your future has been cancelled.

Suddenly life is all about timetables - and you resent every wasted day and count-off your Christmases.

Hmmmmmm ...... on this one subject I would definitely say ignorance is bliss, guys.

Y'all live long and prosper -

please

I'm so very sorry to hear this. My Mom went through this, she had "ALS". If you ever want to talk...sincerely.

Toby

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

damellhine

Posted Sun Oct 7th, 2007 7:35pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
Thanks Tobias - I appreciate the offer to talk, and very very sorry about your Mom.

I'm okay though - I've got it all sorted out in my head and I'm cool about it. I'll be 50 next month and I've still got a handful of years left on the clock.

But I've known people who had a lot lot less.....

Kids..........you know what I mean?

So all things in perspective, eh?

Take care, mate.

Thanks

Gareth

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Oct 7th, 2007 8:01pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
Perspective is vitally important.
No problem, anytime.

Toby

Walt Whitman

Kari

Posted Mon Oct 15th, 2007 1:05pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
Haha it's been a few months since I posted here, and I stumbled across this old thread. Interesting seeing how much my views have changed since May.

Before I said I'd definitely not want to know, because I'm terrified of Death. That much hasn't changed, I still am.

I suppose I'd want to know, simply because it'd spur me to DO something with my life. If there was a date and a time, set down in stone, I'd know exactly how long I have to achieve my goals, and I think it'd motivate me to ensure that I feel fulfilled before that moment arrives.
It'd be good to have that nameless stalking terror turn into a solid moment ahead of me, that I can't avoid and have no choice but to plan my path to it. It gives it a nice sense of order. A deadline to be met, as opposed to a threat that has to be dodged at every corner.

So... I guess now I'd vote yes.

fryfan20

Posted Tue Apr 15th, 2008 10:04pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
i don't want to, i like the illusion that i am going to live long and just die in my sleep or something nice like that

I am what I am

karen m

Posted Mon Apr 21st, 2008 7:06pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
some of you people have weird priorities lol fear of dying halfway through a book? before the last harry potter came out?

i don't think i' would want to know, the whole plane crash/never flying again etc, i'd be worried it would be a bit like final destination, you were meant to die but didn't so death stalks you type of thing

i might want to know, i like that idea of knowing whether you have to be sensible or not if you have years left , days or months.

my mum read one of her friends palms once and saw that she was going to die of cancer which her friend didn't even know she had at the time and she died not long after she was diagnosed. Not ENTIRELY sure i believe it but its a bit spooky if it is true

thorleyc2

Posted Tue Apr 22nd, 2008 12:07am Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I reckon as soon as you found out it would change. For example if you were told you were going to die of old age you would become careless and get run over or something, or if you were told you were going to drown you wouldn't go near water and would die of something else so it would be pointless. I wouldn't want to know anyway.