Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Catt_H

Posted Wed May 28th, 2008 7:11pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
i don't think it would work if i knew how and when i was going to die...

like if i knew that i was going to be hit by a train after tripping on a station at precisely 14:07 on the 23rd August 2011, i would take every precaution not to be there at that point, but someone inevitably would mean that i was there, because the prediction takes into account my reaction.

It would be horrible to know for certain that there is a definite future for myself, because that means that i have already made all my decisions (which i probably have at some point already done so). And then it gets all confusing with timelines and time travel and the ideas of GOD (don't even get me started there)

so i find it simpler just to BE. If i decide that i dont want to be anymore, there are steps that i can take, rather than just waiting for a fateful day. Or is it fateful at all?

GAH i'm doing it again.
*stop typing Catherine*

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 6:11am Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
Jeez thats tough. I honestly don't know. I do like to be in control of things but I'm allergic to chemotherapy so if it was cancer that would be a right miserable thing to know ahead of time especially considering the suffering last go round.

Hmm...I'm not sure.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Jeeves_and_Wooster_fan

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 7:03pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
The thing is, I'd say a definite 'no', but if I were presented with the test, I don't trust myself to decline it. So I had to vote 'Probably not'

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 1:03am Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
I might do it but I'd be terrified it would be cancer so perhaps I wouldn't. Who knows.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

smilla.jaspersen

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 6:48pm Post subject: A test to find out when you are going to die and from what?
when people ask me how i want to die, i always answer, "either peacefully or rebelliously - i don't care about the modality as long as i will be allowed to leave life's stage with a smile on my face & a lollipop in my mouth."
i'm far too curious to kill the joy of living this life. i will always prefer to be a little girl going, "woooo ... is this really happening to me right now?!" sometimes it's more fun not to know the answer ...