Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

katysara

Posted Mon Jan 11th, 2010 8:45pm Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

Hi Everyone,

We are a team of researchers working at Lancaster University working on a study that aims to develop and test a new free to access web-based self management intervention for people experiencing Bipolar Disorder.

There are 2 parts to this study in which we need your help:

1. We are looking for participants in the North West of England to take part in 3 focus groups at Lancaster University to inform the development of the web-based self management intervention.

2. We are looking for participants nationally to take part in an online trial to test the clinical effectiveness of the web-based self management intervention once we have developed it.

If you:

• Are aged over 18 years.
• Have a diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder.
• Live within the UK (OR the North West and willing to travel to Lancaster University if you wish to take part in the focus groups - travel expenses will be paid).

We would really like to hear from you!

This project has received full ethical clearance from the Division of Health Research Ethics Committee at Lancaster University.

For more information about the study and to register your interest in one or more parts of the study; visit: http://www.livingwithbipolar.co.uk

Or Contact:

Nicholas Todd
Spectrum Centre for Mental Health Research
Institute of Health Research
School of Health and Medicine
Lancaster University
LA1 4YT

Email: n.todd at lancaster.ac.uk
Telephone: (01524) 593 756

----------------------------------------------------
Sounds positive guys. Are we not always up for helping research because more research = better treatment... and are we not always complaining about the lack of talking therapies?

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

dawnyt67

Posted Sun Jan 24th, 2010 6:13pm Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

would have liked to have taken part but i can only drive around my area or i panic, even with the sat nav telling me where to go lol x

part time crazy lady but lovely with it x

spectrum_centre

Posted Tue Jan 26th, 2010 8:44am Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for your reply.

We are looking for people who are willing to take part in one or both parts of the study.

As you are unable to travel you are welcome to take part in the second part of the study, which is an online trial to test the effectiveness of the intervention (once we have developed it). This is done from the comfort of your home.

Please register your interest at: http://www.livingwithbipolar.co.uk/register.php.

Any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Wishes,

Nick

spink222

Posted Wed Jan 27th, 2010 6:58pm Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

I wish that you would do a study in the US, then I'd be happy to participate!

spectrum_centre

Posted Wed Feb 10th, 2010 11:39am Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

Hi Spink,

Thanks for your enthusiasm.

The main reason we can't involve people from outside the UK at this stage is because mental health services vary tremendously across countries, and we are evaluating the package based on people receiving “treatment as usual” which is in the United Kingdom Mental Health Service. Once the package has been developed, evaluated and made available on the internet, you are welcome to use it, just for research purposes people have to live within the UK.

Feel free to join our facebook group or twitter to keep updated on the progress of this project.

Best Wishes,

Nick

dare2diva

Posted Fri Feb 19th, 2010 12:54pm Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

Hi there

I am in Sydney Australia so I can't participate but I just wanted to say thank you for the work you are doing.

spectrum_centre

Posted Tue Feb 23rd, 2010 9:19pm Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

Hi dare2diva,

Many thanks for your support.

Best Wishes,

Nick

karen_r

Posted Fri Mar 19th, 2010 5:55am Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

if you ever do a study in scotland please do get in touch...after 5 years of psych appointments after being diagnosed and 5 years before that un diagnosed and my meds still not stable i would do anything to help

I am not Bi-Polar I have Bi-Polar Disorder! Would you call someone with Cancer, Cancer??

Oh and yes i have taken my meds...i'm just havin a bloody bad day!

spectrum_centre

Posted Sun Apr 11th, 2010 5:59pm Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your reply.

We are looking for people who are willing to take part in one or both parts of the study.

As you live in Scotland you are welcome to take part in the second part of the study, which is an online trial to test the effectiveness of the intervention (once we have developed it). This is done from the comfort of your home.

Please register your interest at: http://www.livingwithbipolar.co.uk/register.php.

Any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Wishes,

Nick

spectrum_centre

Posted Sun Apr 11th, 2010 6:02pm Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

Hi Everyone,

We conducted the first focus group last month which was extremely useful for further developing the content of this intervention.

We are still looking for participants for both parts of this study!

If you live in the North West you are welcome to be involved in the focus groups and online trial but if you live anywhere else in the UK you can still be involved in the online trial.

Best Wishes,

Nick

spectrum_centre

Posted Mon May 17th, 2010 2:42pm Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks everyone for your support with this project.

We are currently working on the content of the intervention using previous research and the focus group to guide the development.

We are very keen to hear from people who live anywhere in the united kingdom to register their interest in the national online trial.

If you want to talk to me before registering your interest, don't hesitate to email or call to have a discussion about the project.

Best Wishes,

Nick

Vampyros

Posted Mon May 17th, 2010 4:05pm Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

Already registered ..
Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

spectrum_centre

Posted Sat Jun 26th, 2010 1:58pm Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

Hi Everyone,

We are still recruiting for the national online trial.

If you live in the UK, feel free to register your interest online: http://www.livingwithbipolar.co.uk.

If you want to talk to me before registering your interest, don't hestitate to email or call to have a discussion about the project.

Best Wishes,

Nick

spectrum_centre

Posted Thu Aug 5th, 2010 6:15pm Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

Hi Everyone,

We have run some more focus groups who have had a sneak preview of the intervention, and provided us with some very valuable feedback.

We are still looking for people to take part in the national online trial of this intervention. If you live in the UK and want to be involved, register your interest online: http://www.livingwithbipolar.co.uk.

Best Wishes,

Nick

spectrum_centre

Posted Wed Dec 15th, 2010 9:24am Post subject: A web-based self management intervention for Bipolar Disorder

Hi Everyone,

The intervention development is well under way and we are now approaching the final recruitment drive for the trial.

If you would like to be involved in the national online trial of this intervention and live in the UK, register your interest online: http://www.livingwithbipolar.co.uk.

Best Wishes,

Nick