Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Ambrosia

Posted Tue Jul 30th, 2013 9:14pm Post subject: A website completely destroyed

Does Stephen Fry care so little about his own website that he's prepared to let it go to shit like this? I feel frustrated that none of the moderators seem to be trying to get rid of these kitchen adverts. This site used to be such fun and was actually a source of help and support to many contributors. Now everybody appears to have given up on it and that makes me feel pretty sad.

MissTom

Posted Tue Jul 30th, 2013 9:19pm Post subject: A website completely destroyed

Hi
I emailed support earlier to offer services as a moderator. I don't expect a reply and thinking about it I could be anyone and they don't know me from Adam so don't expect them to even consider it but I am saddened that this has happened.
I can only think that maybe Stephen's other means of communicating are used far more and therefore this isn't seen as necessary anymore.
Twitter, tumblr. Etc.

Ambrosia

Posted Tue Jul 30th, 2013 9:36pm Post subject: A website completely destroyed

I'd be happy to help, too, Miss Tom. Surely Stephen must look at his own site and feel a bit disgusted by what's happened? I know he tweets, etc, but I liked this site because it was possible do more than tweet short messages. Maybe it's too late to save it, as I think a lot of people have already left.

MissTom

Posted Sat Aug 3rd, 2013 9:27am Post subject: A website completely destroyed

No reply. It's a disgrace

Ambrosia

Posted Mon Aug 5th, 2013 8:10pm Post subject: A website completely destroyed

Where the hell are all the moderators? Where the hell is Stephen Fry?

jtg

Posted Fri Aug 9th, 2013 11:29pm Post subject: A website completely destroyed

I agree. I only just joined this site and was surprised and appalled at the amount of kitchen spam.

Boog

Posted Sun Aug 11th, 2013 5:22pm Post subject: A website completely destroyed

Looks like some idiot hacker doesn't like Stephen very much. I'm curious though as to why all that crap hasn't been deleted.

"Murphy was an optimist."

MissTom

Posted Tue Aug 13th, 2013 12:06am Post subject: A website completely destroyed

http://www.stephenfry.com/forum/topic/what-has-hap.....ost-294273

Ambrosia

Posted Sun Aug 18th, 2013 10:38pm Post subject: A website completely destroyed

Thanks for the link, Miss Tom. I hope they manage to sort it out soon - before everybody just gives up hope and abandons the site.

Chascat

Posted Fri Aug 23rd, 2013 1:22am Post subject: A website completely destroyed

To be honest I'm quite relieved to see this - I thought I'd pressed the wrong button somewhere along the line.
ps - anybody need a new kitchen ?