Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ninjaduck

Posted Sun Dec 9th, 2007 7:20pm Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
Am I the only person who is ok with the weather at the moment?
My whole family are complaining about how the weather annoys them, and it's really beginning to get on my nerves.
So, there's wind and rain - this is the Great British Winter, GET USED TO IT!!! AARGH!!!!

Sorry for the random title. I couldn't think of what to call it.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Dec 9th, 2007 9:20pm Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
hee hee!

i don't know what it's like where you are.
but i moved to a place with much milder weather than where i'm from. it drives me nuts. if it's over 78F, it's too hot. if it's under 40F, it's too cold. if it snows an inch, the busses stop running. ???

i keep telling them, nothing bothers me until grapefruit sized iceballs fall from the sky and the nieghbor's car is parked on my porch upside down.

Maren

Posted Mon Dec 10th, 2007 7:10pm Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
It's the same here. Complaining does'nt make any sense, but every day I'm going out for 2 or 3 hours and therefore I must admit that I'm fed up with this weather.
A good old honest frost would be welcome...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Dec 10th, 2007 7:44pm Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
I like the rain, i don't mind the wind either but i'm not too keen on them combined Bring on a really harsh winter, i love the winter more than any other season.

ClareBear

Posted Mon Dec 10th, 2007 9:20pm Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
If it's cold, I can put an extra layer on.
If it's wet, I can wear waterproof gear.
If it's hot, I die.

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Dec 10th, 2007 9:47pm Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
hee hee!i keep telling them, nothing bothers me until grapefruit sized iceballs fall from the sky and the nieghbor's car is parked on my porch upside down.

So true!

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Dec 11th, 2007 3:06am Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
We're getting the same in Oz.
Everyone bitching because it's 30degC.... Which is cool for summer.
The weather has been erratic. But will settle down to 40degC heatwaves soon, and then the bitching will really start. I'll be lapping it up. ' Love the hot weather.
On the weather front. We have quite a few guys and girls here from the UK at the moment on secondment (BTW, I work for a British based Defence Company). They just can't believe the fact that the Christmas decorations are up, and it's hot.
Anyway, Take care,
Pete

Hey Toby,
Will write soon in response to your post on my F'Wall. Studio/Office is being refurbished/rewired, meaning my home PC is out of order (in bits) for a few days. ' am quickly writing this from work….. Catchya, Pete

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Dec 11th, 2007 5:11am Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
No worries dude.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Dec 11th, 2007 11:05am Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
if it snows an inch, the busses stop running. ???

It's like that here. Tiny bit of snow and the town shuts down.

If it's cold, I can put an extra layer on.
If it's wet, I can wear waterproof gear.
If it's hot, I die.

Agreed.

Summer sucks winter rules! \m/8)\m/

Assuming direct control...

ninjaduck

Posted Tue Dec 11th, 2007 7:59pm Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
Yeah I definitely prefer winter to summer, and I love it when it snows!!
But I went to Italy in July and I loved it, even though it was really hot - it made us feel sick when we ate ice cream cos we were so hot and it was so cold!!
Wouldn't a white Christmas be nice?

Fakeske

Posted Tue Dec 18th, 2007 9:00pm Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
I'm more of a spring person myself. Winter sucks over here, it doesn't snow, it's just cold and wet. And summer can be so damp, it's hard to breathe. Mmm wining about the weather, like i'm 80 or something.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Dec 18th, 2007 10:52pm Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
I'm more of a spring person myself. Winter sucks over here, it doesn't snow, it's just cold and wet. And summer can be so damp, it's hard to breathe. Mmm wining about the weather, like i'm 80 or something.

that's the way the winter is where i live now.
i'd rather be extra cold and have the sun out. sun on snow is very nice.

now i'm 80, also. whippersnappers! get outta my yard!

Canzonett

Posted Tue Dec 18th, 2007 11:12pm Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
Autumn is the perfect season. But I don't mind a crisply cold winter day, provided that (1) the sun is shining, (2) there's snow to sparkle and glitter in that sunshine, and (3) either my bicycle has not decided to be off-duty again or there is no one sneezing at me in the tram.

whatonearth

Posted Wed Dec 19th, 2007 12:44am Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square
Actually, I hate this weather, sorry :-// well I don't mind a crisp, cold, sunny morning but that's about it. I much prefer summer, although that doesn't include having to slather layers of suncream on and getting all sticky and horrible, not that that happens much in England...I hate the fact that the whole of Norfolk goes into panic mode as soon as there's the tiniest speck of snow, and I hate when it's pretty much permanently wet and cold and windy outside

But then I hate when people complain during summer so it evens out I suppose again though, the temperate climate probably helps. I might be in Australia during mid-summer next year and I have a sneaking suspicion I won't like that as much...

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Dec 20th, 2007 4:52pm Post subject: Aargh purple noodle square

....or like a Brit.

Assuming direct control...