Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 9:48am Post subject: Absolute Power - Series 2
I really enjoyed Absolute Power, series 2 and have been looking for the DVD, but have been unable to find it so far. Does anyone know whether it has been isssued on DVD (series 1 has, I know that).
If not, the BBC should take a leaf out of ITV´s book, considering that Kingom will come out on DVD on 28th May (if memory serves)

Would anyone else be interested in an AP series 2 DVD???

Fiona

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 11:57am Post subject: Absolute Power - Series 2
I would be interested in it very much but have so far been unable to find it. I have never found an issue date for it so I guess that means the worst

Wildean

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 12:55pm Post subject: Absolute Power - Series 2
I'd also like to have series 2 on DVD but unfortunately it doesn't seem like it will appen.

melampus

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 5:36am Post subject: Absolute Power - Series 2
That's pretty bizarre, because here in Australia I can walk into any classy purveyor of audiovisual necessities, pick up a AP Series 2 DVD, and buy it. Indeed, I actually did this on Saturday.

Meanwhile, I wait and wait for ABOFAL Series 3 and 4 on DVD.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 8:46am Post subject: Absolute Power - Series 2
That's pretty bizarre, because here in Australia I can walk into any classy purveyor of audiovisual necessities, pick up a AP Series 2 DVD, and buy it. Indeed, I actually did this on Saturday.

HOW INTERESTING
Surely, there aren´t different DVD formats?
Isn´t it odd??
Well, I do hope you´ll be able to get hold of ABOFAL series 3 and 4 soon...
I will in the meantime think of ways to get hold of AP series 2, now that I know that it is OUT THERE SOMEWHERE X-D

ClareBear

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 9:26am Post subject: Absolute Power - Series 2

Interesting....sometimes R4 discs work on R2 players....My Doctor Who series 1 set is Australian.

melampus

Posted Wed May 9th, 2007 11:21am Post subject: Absolute Power - Series 2
Atari's right, Australia is in Region 4 (in DVD-speak). If all else fails you could go to http://shop.abc.net.au/ and order Absolute Power Series 2 on DVD. I think it is $29.95 (Oz dollars, not including postage).

Good luck!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed May 9th, 2007 2:19pm Post subject: Absolute Power - Series 2
Atari's right, Australia is in Region 4 (in DVD-speak). If all else fails you could go to http://shop.abc.net.au/ and order Absolute Power Series 2 on DVD. I think it is $29.95 (Oz dollars, not including postage).

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!
I thought that was limited to video formats... of course NOT...
I am a bit doubtful about the R2-R4 issue though... I am not too keen on spending 30 Oz dollars (-PP) and not being able to watch the series because of R incompatibility (have to work out how much that is in "real money" and translate it into hours of o/t...)

I suppose that is what has been keeping you from ordering ABOFAL series 3 and 4 in the UK

melampus

Posted Fri May 11th, 2007 3:29am Post subject: Absolute Power - Series 2
I understand your predicament but don't worry, A$30 is about 10-15 pounds stirling (can't find the curly-L-shaped-gizamajig-thingie, sorry).

I am tempted to buy ABOFAL and Jeeves and Wooster on video -- if I could FIND them -- but alas, I have been spoiled by the lovely shiny slick grooviness of DVDs. Luckily the State Library has a copy of the first J & W series on DVD -- although you have to join the queue to borrow it. In fact, most of Stephen's works seem to be on perpetual loan -- the audiobooks, the fiction, the spectacled bear, everything. How telling!

ClareBear

Posted Fri May 11th, 2007 7:26am Post subject: Absolute Power - Series 2
The UK release of Boffle 3 and 4 are dual regioned for ex-pats (2 and 4) although an Oz release may be cheaper.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri May 11th, 2007 8:39am Post subject: Absolute Power - Series 2
I understand your predicament but don't worry, A$30 is about 10-15 pounds stirling (can't find the curly-L-shaped-gizamajig-thingie, sorry).

I am tempted to buy ABOFAL and Jeeves and Wooster on video -- if I could FIND them -- but alas, I have been spoiled by the lovely shiny slick grooviness of DVDs. Luckily the State Library has a copy of the first J & W series on DVD -- although you have to join the queue to borrow it. In fact, most of Stephen's works seem to be on perpetual loan -- the audiobooks, the fiction, the spectacled bear, everything. How telling!

Oh, that isn´t too bad then, thanks for converting it to GBPs for me, melampus I am VERY tempted now.... and since you, very kindly, provided me with the link to AP Series 2...

Thanks again and best of luck with your J&W hunt (!) (re lending libraries: pretty much the same situation here... )

melampus

Posted Sat May 12th, 2007 2:00am Post subject: Absolute Power - Series 2
The UK release of Boffle 3 and 4 are dual regioned for ex-pats (2 and 4) although an Oz release may be cheaper.

Ooh, I didn't know this! Thanks Atari!!! *raids bank account*

Gerti, please note: I don't exactly operate in the world of high finance so my currency exchange calculations are somewhat loose. But that's about the ball park figure.

Happy viewing!!!