Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Sep 26th, 2007 7:16pm Post subject: Agatha Christie's Marple
Miss Marple's back on the telly at last. It's been such a loooong wait for the new series. Sunday's episode was At Bertram's Hotel. It was really good. I love these new series, I think they've been really good and I don't mind the amount of tweaking with plot and character details either. I love Geraldine McEwan as Miss Marple. I think she's perfect for the role. She's got a twinkle in her eyes. Never been fond of Joan Hickson as Marple. Give me McEwan anyday.

Assuming direct control...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Oct 3rd, 2007 8:27am Post subject: Agatha Christie's Marple
Saw last Sunday´s episode, thoroughly enjoyable. Geraldine McEwan is a very sweet Miss Marple, amyl-nitrate.

I also enjoyed Margaret Rutherford as (heavy-weight ) Miss Marple!
They are currently building a block of flats in the village I live in - called Rutherford House and being erected on the spot where she used to live (and no, it´s not Chalfont St. Peter, that is where she died, since this is where the nearest hospital is located... we don´t even have a GP here )

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Oct 3rd, 2007 10:03am Post subject: Agatha Christie's Marple
I hope it's going to be a nice building. Where I'm from block of flats equals ugly concrete box built in the 60s.

I still haven't watched this week's episode of Miss Marple or The Riches. I always end up watching programs days even weeks after they aired. The only program I do watch when it's actually on is QI.

Assuming direct control...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 8:07am Post subject: Agatha Christie's Marple
I hope it's going to be a nice building. Where I'm from block of flats equals ugly concrete box built in the 60s.

I still haven't watched this week's episode of Miss Marple or The Riches. I always end up watching programs days even weeks after they aired. The only program I do watch when it's actually on is QI.

They are indeed trying to make them blend in to the extent possible, it´s the third block of flats they have been building in the past 3 years...

It was enjoyable Sunday evening entertainment... (here is to video/dvd recorders X-D )

Dutch

Posted Sat Sep 1st, 2012 11:15am Post subject: Agatha Christie's Marple

Dear Gertrude,
I've been reading your story about Margaret Rutherford. You write that she died in Chalfont st. Peter, but did n't live in the village. Do you happen to know where excactly she lived in that area? In Oktober I am in England and like to see the house where she lived. I also will visit her grave in Gerrards Cross. Hope to hear from you.