Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

tito

Member *

Posted Wed Nov 18th, 2009 4:24pm Post subject: Ads appearing on pm pages

hello. I have received a pm from Katysara, but when I tried to reply this alien spy 'we are coming to take over' thing came up.

And now I see it is an ad at the top of the page.

Doh!

But anyway, it is there instead of the pm reply box.

tito

Member *

Posted Wed Nov 18th, 2009 10:58pm Post subject: Ads appearing on pm pages

Someone else has this problem too.

Also on one reply page I have a couple of big ads moving about and nothing else.

Nitro

Posted Thu Nov 19th, 2009 6:06pm Post subject: Ads appearing on pm pages

keep in mind I my specialty is not building web sites... your issue could be many things ), but this might be worth a shot..

thinking about it, i would look in your browsers privacy settings, ( found under 'tools' or something like that ) and see how javascript is being handled...if you don't want to bother with that, download mozilla and then after that's loaded go to the mozilla.org site and download AdBlocker Plus as well as NoScript ( NS has an option 'temporarily allow all this page' - use it if you don't want to fiddle too specfically with site content ). Combined, a lot of junk will get blocked.

Why you're seeing ads in your PM area is a question only the owners of this site can answer, but my *guess* would be: because they've sold that space to the advertisor. Blocking or deleting those things is very, very easy ( that I DO know! ) so that's the only answer I can come up with. The browser is suggested to circumvent it. Whatever you do, do NOT click on any of that crap because unless they're verifying script stability/authenticity, scripts can pass malware.

Really? Wow.

tito

Member *

Posted Thu Nov 19th, 2009 6:21pm Post subject: Ads appearing on pm pages

Howdly doodly.

I have Mozilla and will look at doing that. However this now seems to have been resolved.

However, I still can't pm you as it says your outbox is full.

Neither of mine are.

It's bloody lucky I've got that Klingon cloaking device.

Best wishes T xxx

tito

Member *

Posted Thu Nov 19th, 2009 6:21pm Post subject: Ads appearing on pm pages

I really enjoy using the word however, and I used it, twice, however in that last post.

However.

Nitro

Posted Mon Jan 18th, 2010 5:32am Post subject: Ads appearing on pm pages

Sorry I missed this post back then. But very often, even when clearing my browsers cache, the pages I see are not updated.

For example, you may have made a new post on some thread but it shows to me that the thread hasn't been posted to in a few days. However, you are correct that my boxes get full.

However, I am NOT going to spend the time it takes to delete PM's ONE BY ONE when there should be check boxes and a 'delete checked' button there so one can wipe out a bunch of PM's in one shot, versus the current tedious and unecessary method.

HOWEVER - where you are concerned Tito/Aunty/Professor..it is not drudgery at all to delete PM's in order to recieve your orders, plans, and commands...erm...I mean, messages.

I also enjoy the word 'however'. However, I am not as skilled in its use as you are.

Really? Wow.

tito

Member *

Posted Mon Jan 18th, 2010 11:14am Post subject: Ads appearing on pm pages

You think I use however well?

You should hear me get started with 'essentially'.

(Note. We had a Social Studies teacher at school who used this word three times in every sentence. I didn't like her).

Nitro

Posted Mon Jan 18th, 2010 6:20pm Post subject: Ads appearing on pm pages

I think that's essentially the same thing. Essentially, oh never mind, I was only going to say that I essentially agree with you.

Cripes! Hope this is not essentially putting myself on your Dislike list. You are essentially the professor of the unviverse, however, I hear you have an essentially kind side.

(Nitro runs quickly from the room..)

Really? Wow.