Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

kari727

Posted Thu Feb 9th, 2012 9:10pm Post subject: Altnernative Medication (herbs and naturopath) truehope & moodcalm

Does anyone take or know anything about some alternative medications?

Ive read two for BIPOLAR which are TRUEHOPE & MOODCALM

Vampyros

Posted Thu Feb 9th, 2012 10:20pm Post subject: Altnernative Medication (herbs and naturopath) truehope & moodcalm

I take Lithium and Trazadone. Also had citalopram and few other useless general purpose antidepressants.

The lithium works well but does not suit everybody and if you are not compliant it can make things worse.

Also can affect kidney function so must be supervised by local GP as well as mental health team and have regular blood tests.

Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

Nitro

Posted Tue Feb 21st, 2012 7:41am Post subject: Altnernative Medication (herbs and naturopath) truehope & moodcalm

I haven't heard of those herbs, but I hear a lot about St.Johns wart being helpful for depression. I don't know if that's just a thing that's popular here in the states or what. I don't use homeopathic things myself, though I do use supplements of other kinds.

Right now trying to use melatonin and it's utterly, utterly useless!

Really? Wow.

michael

Posted Wed Mar 14th, 2012 1:47am Post subject: Altnernative Medication (herbs and naturopath) truehope & moodcalm

I have not heard of those, what is in them? The names make me think they are a combination of things?

highly suggest using the same precautions that you would with traditional prescription medicines...small dosages, check in with someone regularly, IDEALLY take them while seeing a doc.

Homeopathic things can be helpful, but just like prescription drugs, they also come with some very risky and serious (sometimes life-threatening) side effects in certain folks.

How's things?

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

GGH

Posted Sat Apr 28th, 2012 1:39am Post subject: Altnernative Medication (herbs and naturopath) truehope & moodcalm

Here is an article on the founder of Truehope.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html?id=2.....0206496759

I cannot speak for its success personally but I have referred a couple of people who had been diagnosed Bipolar, were struggling with feeling suicidal and had attempted suicide on more than one occasion to the founders to check things out. They ended up on the product and the last time I saw they they were completely different people and swear by the product. It was quite moving!

The founders (or creators or whatever you might call them) live not too far from where I am in Canada and so we have the benefit of the local buzz which seems to be largely positive. I was impressed by the video Mr. Frey did on being bipolar and thought I would track him down and send this link along along with a quick message in case people are interested to check into it further. Last I heard there had been over 10,000 people treated in the US and Canada.

cashew

Posted Sun Apr 29th, 2012 12:38pm Post subject: Altnernative Medication (herbs and naturopath) truehope & moodcalm

michael, I think you mean that naturopathic (as in herbal) remedies might have side effects. Homeopathy is water and, as it has no active ingredients, has no potential effects, side or otherwise. It may nonetheless be dangerous because treating a serious illness with water is the equivalent of no treatment at all.