Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

PC Caliban

Posted Fri Jun 17th, 2011 10:43am Post subject: American Entertainers are better than the British even when they are Crap

Has anyone been watching America's Got Talent. This is the first year I have watched Britain's Got Talent and America's Got Talent and when you compare the two, Jesus, Americans even when they are crap are good. They make being rubbish an entertainment in itself. And when they are Good, phew They are bloody GOOD

Compare that to what we had actually getting through to the final. An old bloke dancing and miming to songs, Oh Pleeeeeze A black fella who could pop his eyes And some anoying giggling old dear playing an electric piano the two of which belonged on the end of a forgotten Pier in the 1950s.

It came home full force last night when an American Couple did a magic act. It was exactly the same magic act a British couple performed and were very good at it but when the Americans did it they made it even more jaw dropping They just do things bigger and better and as I say when they are crap they usually know they are and make that the entertainment in itself.

WANT TO SEE MORE OF MR POPPY COCK

PC Caliban

Posted Fri Jun 17th, 2011 10:45am Post subject: American Entertainers are better than the British even when they are Crap

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, JUST NEED TO ADD THAT NO AMERICAN COULD BE BETTER THAN OUR MR STEPHEN FRY. NO ONE, NEVER EVER EVER

Jennygraham

Posted Mon Jul 11th, 2011 6:32am Post subject: American Entertainers are better than the British even when they are Crap

I dont think that we should compare entertainer in this manner.Both the side are having some good & some bad entertainer.So there is really no need to make a comparison.

Nitro

Posted Thu Jul 14th, 2011 2:24am Post subject: American Entertainers are better than the British even when they are Crap

I guess it depends on where you start measuring. If you start with unknown talent on tv game contests, you can't hardly fit Mr.Fry in at that level. Besides, what he's done on TV *still* surpasses some of the cack they show now. I wouldn't the previous shows mentioned UNLESS you paid me. And you'd be paying alot

It's hard to compare British unknown talent against American unknown talent, because there are a lot of unknown talents who seriously practice their craft and because they're doing so, they're not going to be showing up on gameshows anytime soon.

For established talent, *real* talent...take the stage and film...I am a huge anglophile and, overall, far prefer the acting of the British, particularly the old schoolers like Peter O'Toole ( you know...who's 'the new o'toole' these days? who has that intensity? ), Anthony Hopkins, Judie Dench, Derek Jacobi, Richard Burton, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, John Hurt, Gary Oldman...the list goes on...Not that there aren't great American actors...Redford, Newman, Brando, Tony Perkins, Sigourney Weaver, Kathy Bates, Nick Nolte, and more recently Brad Pitt, Sean Penn, Robert Downey Jr....

All those people are in much different leagues, but I really do like the British approach to acting better...the bummer is they've gotten old and no one new has really stepped it up to replace them...

All in all, there's talent on both sides of the pond and I like that your Brit actors invade here and we there...

Really? Wow.