Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ratoutofhell

Posted Thu Apr 16th, 2009 10:18pm Post subject: Amusing linky
Recently found out about http://notalwaysright.com/ - it may already have been linked on here, so if so I apologise... If not, I don't!

I think it's hilarious...

Bookstore | Pleasant Hill, CA, USA
Customer: “Which books would you recommend for a pre-teen girl?”

Me: “Well, that depends - does she like fantasy, horror, science fiction?”

Customer: “Whichever you recommend.”

Me: “I’m partial to fantasy myself.”

(I show her several series that I had read myself and enjoyed.)

Customer: “So you think she would like these?”

Me: “Well, I loved them a lot.”

Customer: “But do you think SHE will?”

Me: “I honestly couldn’t say, ma’am. You know your niece better than I do; I’ve never met her.”

Customer: *staring blankly at the books* “But do you think she will like them?”

Me: “If she doesn’t, you can give her a gift receipt and she can return the books.”

Customer: “I didn’t ask you about a gift receipt, I asked you if my niece would like the books you recommended.”

Me: “Ma’am, I am incapable of making up your own mind about books for someone I’ve never met.”

Customer: “I see. So, when they hire people for minimum wage, they really get what they pay for.”

Me: *sarcastically* “Corporate doesn’t provide mind manipulation skills as part of the hiring package, ma’am.”

Customer: “Well, they should!”

(She complains to a manager and walks out without ever making up her mind about a book for her niece.

Manager: “Did she seriously ask you to manipulate her thoughts about a book decision?”

Me: “I can’t make up my OWN mind sometimes, much less someone else’s…”

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Maxx England

Posted Fri Apr 17th, 2009 2:23pm Post subject: Amusing linky
Gord 'elp us!

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

ratoutofhell

Posted Fri Apr 17th, 2009 3:00pm Post subject: Amusing linky
X-D

Just found this one:

Coffee Shop | Bristol, UK
Customer: “I want some of these coffee beans, but I want them as a powder.”

Me: “Yes, we can grind them here for you if you like.”

Customer: “But will it hurt the beans?”

Me: “Well, it won’t affect the beans in any way - it will still be the same coffee, if that’s what you mean?”

Customer: “No, I mean will it HURT the beans?”

Me: “…well, they’re coffee beans, so I don’t think they can actually feel any pain…”

Customer: “But you aren’t 100% sure on that…I think I’ll leave it, then.”

X-D And I'm still hugely amused by the guy who thought he could drive from Vancouver to Hawaii...

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Apr 17th, 2009 4:19pm Post subject: Amusing linky
X-D

X-D And I'm still hugely amused by the guy who thought he could drive from Vancouver to Hawaii...

I have literally met a couple that figured they could do that same thing. I had couldn't help but laugh.. I wonder if they ever attempted it?....*G*

Great posting, thanks .. it's INTERESTING!

Telepresent

Posted Fri Apr 17th, 2009 11:47pm Post subject: Amusing linky
Blimey, this is a dangerous link... I'm on page 9 and show no signs of stopping. Great site.

Makes me thankful I don't work with the public any more.

Edit: My favourite so far:

Someone’s About To Get Smacked To The Future
Retail | Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Coworker: “Yes, miss. I understand it’s an emergency, But let me ask my coworker. He probably knows what your looking for!”

Me: “What’s going on?”

Coworker: “This woman was sent in looking for an item. She said it’s called a … a … something capacitor.”

Me: “Well, we don’t really carry any capacitors here. That’s more of a true electronics store thing.”

Customer: “Please, it’s my son’s birthday and my husband says that we desperately need to find a 120 volt flux capacitor for my son’s Xbox!”

Me: “Ma’am, unless you have a Mr. Fusion, I don’t know where you’re gonna need something like that.”

Customer: “What do you mean? My husband said this was an emergency! I have been to 3 stores and no one knows what I’m talking about!”

Me: *laughs* “Well, your husband sent you for a part to a time machine.”

Customer: “I am going to kill that man!”

Telepresent

Posted Sat Apr 18th, 2009 12:38am Post subject: Amusing linky
No, THIS is my favourite:

Ah, College, Part 2
Bar | Iowa, USA

(I’m a bouncer in a college bar where you must be 21. Lots of underage people try coming in with fake IDs.)

Me: “Can I see your ID?”

College student: “Yeah…”

(He hands me an ID that says he is 20.)

Me: “Um, you are only 20.”

College student: “Yeah, you can read a birthday! Can I go in now?”

Me: “You have to be 21 to get in.”

College student: “Oh… *hands me a fake ID* “…how about now?”

Me: “Now you just lost your fake ID.”

ratoutofhell

Posted Sat Apr 18th, 2009 3:14pm Post subject: Amusing linky
I had to ration myself when I first found it - it's easiest to go via the month-by-month links on the right (I kept forgetting which page I was up to :-// ). Horribly addictive...