Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

notmydog

Posted Fri Oct 12th, 2007 4:56pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
Greetings one and each - i'm a newbie from London so a big hello to you all. I have a quote that i'd like to contribute. don't know who said it and it might even have been me....especially if no one else claims it ;o)

"Opinions are like arseholes - everyone's got one."

And maintaining that theme, would it be inelegantly anal of me to point out the unusual use of language contained in paragraph 3 of the homepage?

It goes without saying that i'm a huge admirer of the frymeister - including the oft unmentioned role of Piers Lonsdale in the (just for the hatrick of bum references) buttock gropingly funny New Statesman.

melampus

Posted Tue Oct 16th, 2007 7:40am Post subject: Amusing quotes
Hey newbie!! Welcome! I'd like to elaborate on your theme with a gem from Dolly Parton:

"He was about as useful as a one-legged man in a butt-kicking competition."

My other Dolly favourites are: "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap" and also something along the lines of: "I'm not a dumb blonde -- I'm not dumb. I'm not blonde, either."

Dolly rocks!

I also once heard one of my fellow Australians claim that someone "was about as popular as poo in a hat."

Have a pleasant day...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Oct 16th, 2007 1:05pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
Dolly Parton !!!

i love 9 to5.
i'll turn you from a rooster to a hen with one shot.... and don't think i won't do it!!!

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Oct 16th, 2007 1:19pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
DollyWood!!!

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

notmydog

Posted Tue Oct 16th, 2007 2:03pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
Thanks for the welcome melampus.

Dolly - love that dry southern wit. Maintaining that american theme - Groucho Marx always has me rolling in the aisles...they hate me in ASDA!

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. "

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. "

and my all time fave...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." What i like about this one is the way it applies to me lolol

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 4:54pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
"Some men die at 25, but aren't buried until they are 75"
and
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun"

Ben Franklin

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

absolutely curtains

Posted Thu Oct 18th, 2007 12:29pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
"That man is lying on his back, thinking 'Where in shitting crikey is my nose?'.
It's in a jar, mate."

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Oct 18th, 2007 3:30pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
"That man is lying on his back, thinking 'Where in shitting crikey is my nose?'.
It's in a jar, mate."

I'm afraid to ask X-D X-D

Walt Whitman

NHStress

Posted Thu Oct 18th, 2007 4:26pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
I once heard somebody comment (quite cruelly infact) on a particularly ugly woman....

"she got a face like she's been bobbing for apples in a chip pan"

(wonder if our american friends will get that one X-D

absolutely curtains

Posted Thu Oct 18th, 2007 5:26pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
It's in a jar, mate."

I'm afraid to ask X-D X-D

:D:D

Brass Eye! Everyone watch it. It's possibly the most hilarious thing in the world, ever. Whatever you're thinking is probably better, you're wrong.

notmydog

Posted Thu Oct 18th, 2007 6:09pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
i have to disagree - brass eye was funny and clever but the best thing this decade has to be green wing. Second would be The Thick Of It. Was Brass Eye this decade...if only i had the internet - i could check

Sue White about Dr Alan Statham - "Happy, he's not happy - he's borderline schizophrenic with a predilection for selfharm and a jackhammer stammer."

absolutely curtains

Posted Thu Oct 18th, 2007 6:16pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
i have to disagree - brass eye was funny and clever but the best thing this decade has to be green wing. Second would be The Thick Of It. Was Brass Eye this decade...if only i had the internet - i could check

Sue White about Dr Alan Statham - "Happy, he's not happy - he's borderline schizophrenic with a predilection for selfharm and a jackhammer stammer."

I. Officially. Love you.
Brass Eye was 1997.

Nobody watched the Thick Of It! I told everyone to but nobody did! :'(

ClareBear

Posted Thu Oct 18th, 2007 7:28pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
Chris Morris = godly.

notmydog

Posted Thu Oct 18th, 2007 7:46pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
i'm officially loved - in your face match.com!

As for the people that missed The Thick of it - i envy them in a way. Stop it you fools. These are good biscuits and they cost four pounds!

I read Lord Armando talking about making a feature length film of the thing - i think the concept is to show what happens in the build up to a war. So long as there are lots of scottish people creatively swearing in it, i'll be well chuffed!

Chris morris is unfairly talented - shame all the only fairly talented squits in charge lack the balls to let him make more cutting edge satire, i thought the brass eye special controversy was a brilliant take on modern day ignorance and irrationality - they even showed it again as part of c4 @ 25 just last week and it was just as provocative.

AlanNotHim

Posted Fri Oct 19th, 2007 3:59am Post subject: Amusing quotes
"Are you from the past?" - The IT Crowd

"But Hercules -- I thought you wanted a stable job."

"Having a Prince Albert means never losing your car keys again."

\"Life is not all champaign. Sometimes it is real pain.\"