Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

notmydog

Posted Fri Oct 19th, 2007 1:51pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
I like the IT crowd and think the second series was better funnier than the first...but then i would say that as i wrote it. Nahh only joking - i produced it. I didn't really it. I'm Mos. No i'm not.

Here's one from the mercurial Peter Ustinov
"'Im convinced there's a small room in the attic of the Foreign Office where future diplomats are taught to stammer."

Now it seems to me that i'm picking on people with a stammer – which I’m not. Thank God Gareth Gates never said anything worthwhile/interesting/relevant or anything!

"Critics search for ages for the wrong word, which, to give them credit, they eventually find."

filliamhmuffin

Posted Sat Oct 20th, 2007 9:57pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
I've always been a big Groucho fan too. My favorites:

Go, and never darken my towels again!

I drink to make other people interesting.

And of course there's Bill Hicks:

And I'll tell you something too. That's starting to annoy me about UFOs, the fact that they cross galaxies or universes to visit us, and always end up in places like … Fyffe fucking Alabama. Maybe these aren't super-intelligent beings, you know what I mean?

"God put [dinosaur fossils] here to test our faith!"... I think God put you here to test my faith, dude.

I am a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh … is a poem.

notmydog

Posted Tue Oct 23rd, 2007 5:40pm Post subject: Amusing quotes
Do like the grouch marx one about drinking to make others seem interesting.

I was watching dinner for 5 v.early morning the other day just after watching the larry sanders show on itv4. (also wondering if larry sanders inspired alan partridge and the office) anyways. Gary Shandling was on dinner for 5 and recounted a tale of a challenge that he and some fellow writers were attacking. Basically - they had to write an original suicide letter and garrys was.

"I want you to know that im not mad at anyone...i just wanted to do this for me."

I appreciate that suicide isn't a funny subject - but its made me chuckle.

Choo Choo