Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Ohhai

Posted Mon Mar 26th, 2012 7:02am Post subject: An Essay on repression by myself

Repression
by Frank Turpis

Perhaps I'm losing my mind, or perhaps I've already lost it, but as I sit around at 6AM, the writers who suffered from their own mind H.P. Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, and more recently Stephen Fry all have or had such a divine intellect and creativity that it may be this world that is unfit for that way of thought which causes them so much distress, that we as a society brutalize those who are different, the law and the government which were supposed to be here for everyone not just those with the most money or the most influence, are perhaps the biggest issue with humanity, they have the power to change things, however they don't out of fear of change, the majority of votes, and/or a fear of the unknown, which has plagued humanity since the dark ages, and most likely beyond the caveman era.

The people in society repress those who speak up for change, as their own mind has been clouded one of the reasons being the judgment and propaganda of others, mostly authority figures such as parents, news, the government, as well as others, we see this in our ancestors who repeated "Slavery isn't wrong" with many people who loved their slaves, and truly believed that was how it should be, eventually there was progression, slavery was abolished, countries started admitting they were wrong on the subject of race, and suddenly creativity was granted to those of colour and who previously weren't considered human, which of course lead to us having great people such as Neil DeGrasse Tyson a wonderful astrophysicist and science communicator. Similar things happened to females, homosexuals, and surprisingly animals.

Although I'm no spiritual person I can't help but think a man such as Aleister Crowley had it right when he said "Do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law." in other words "Do what you want, that's all that matters." How brilliant! People are often wrong, I can choose my own destiny, I can fight against these repressors and live a life of my own! And how was he perceived? He was denounced in popular press as "The wickedest man in the world". He lived a life of sex orgies, and drugs, a life style which he chose to live and others joined him as they often wanted the same, you may not be okay with drug use, you may not be okay with sex orgies, which is fine, you don't have to do such a thing, but I suggest strongly you do not stop others from living that way if they're inclined to live that way.

People will do things you do not like, however if you're asking for them to be controlled for such acts, you're ushering in a dictatorship, and an era of thought police. "I do not like such a man looking at me with lust, have him stop!" The man has done nothing but glance at you with potential thoughts that give him possibly joy, and you're asking the thought of a fellow human being to be controlled, to have no creativity, to have only a few cookie cutter options available for how to live your life. This is the way the world is going, if you want freedom, you want creative, and you want progress for humanity and society, you can fight against this repression. I won't tell you what you MUST do, I won't tell you that you HAVE to do this or that, those are your choices, but I highly recommend you think about the effects of your actions before you do such a thing.

Ohhai

Posted Mon Mar 26th, 2012 7:04am Post subject: An Essay on repression by myself

Please excuse the grammatical errors, it's still rather late, or early depending on how you look at it.