Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Thu Feb 28th, 2008 2:02am Post subject: Anthony Andrews
I'm curious to know what others think of him. I know he hasn't been much in the public eye in recent years, but I think he's a great actor and he is gorgeous--even at age 60. Do people in the UK perceive him as pretentious (due to accent, deportment, the fact that he married a wealthy woman)?

He was an oasis during my long spell in the bar exam desert. I watched Danger UXB, Brideshead Revisited (which I'd seen before), and the Scarlet Pimpernel during my study breaks.

Fribble

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 9:52pm Post subject: Anthony Andrews
I don't suppose you're familiar with Cliff Richard's 1973 musical Take Me High? It's a love-letter to the (English) city of Birmingham in which Cliff dons enormous flares, does battle with an evil business rival (Anthony Andrews), goes to work under Spaghetti Junction in a hovercraft and ends up inventing a hamburger called the Brumburger. Andrews does not have a great singing voice, but his duets with Cliff held me with a kind of horrified fascination. You may hear them on YourTube, if you're minded. The whole thing is unspeakably terrible, but also quite brilliant, and I wish they'd release it on DVD.