Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Sun Oct 26th, 2008 6:01pm Post subject: Any bloggers?
Or wordpress(ers) or moveable type(rs) around here?

What do you use your blog 'for'?
What, in your opinion, makes a blog awful or enjoyable?
To what lengths do you go to ensure your blog is enjoyable ( or awful, depending on your personal values and/or topics )?
Do you advertise your blog or pass it along to family/friends?
How much self-censoring do you employ? IOW, have you made a post only to go back months later and delete it?
Do you identify yourself as the author, and if so, how much personal information do you actually give out?
Do you allow comments by anyone or restrict who can? Do you delete comments that fail to meet some sort of criteria? ( e.g. that might question your own intelligence/taste/sanity? )
How much of your time do you spend reading the blogs of other people and if any at all, do you tend to haphazardly stumble across them or make a specific search of some sort?

Thank you for any time you take to answer any or all of these questions.

Really? Wow.

Edna

Posted Sun Oct 26th, 2008 6:45pm Post subject: Any bloggers?
I write one on my own, the happy green forest one I posted a thread about the other day .

I also started and regularly contribute to Nameless Bloggers

If anyone on here wants to write something, anything for it that would be tiptop.

I use Happy Green Forest to amuse myself,while away the hours at work and to see if I can write something so cheery and fluffy constantly. Namelessbloggers I use to to post anything I have bouncing around in my head that needs to come out.

I always allow anonymous comments as I like to know what people really think as honestly as possible.

I love clicking the next blog button on blogger you can find some really interesting stuff and some amazingly random nonsense

IdeaCollector

Posted Mon Oct 27th, 2008 4:18am Post subject: Any bloggers?
I have a blog that I use to talk about exciting things in my life or thoughts that I have.

When I put personal information on it or choose not to censor I limit my readers to my favorite readers only.

I do video entries, audio entries, text entries and no topic is off limit. It's more stream of consciousness unless there is something specific I want to talk about.

I mainly blog to get some writing outside of my thesis and to have a bit more social interaction online.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

amberzak

Posted Mon Oct 27th, 2008 10:42am Post subject: Any bloggers?
I have been considering starting a blog.

What is the best one to go with?

Edna

Posted Mon Oct 27th, 2008 7:42pm Post subject: Any bloggers?
Blogger is nice to look at and easy to use but you need a gmail addy.

But these are also free and easy

Nitro

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 12:39am Post subject: Any bloggers?
Edna, since allowing anonymous comments have you had any trouble with spam?

ES, sounds like you have a lively blog with embedded media and such. Was it difficult to set that up? Do you have to link outside of the site that hosts your blog?

Also, how do you identify 'favorite readers'?

I've heard of blogs referred to as a modern type of diary, but that seems like a bad comparison to me since diaries, primariy used for very private reflections, were guarded and considered 'off limits' if 'found', and even had locks as I recall. Whereas blogs are quite public.

Really? Wow.

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 3:49am Post subject: Any bloggers?
Open diary is excellent.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Edna

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 7:23pm Post subject: Any bloggers?
We have had one spam reply I think and it wasn't blatant "Buy my shit" type of thing.

But not many people comment no matter how much I try to poke them into it.

Desdemona

Posted Thu Nov 6th, 2008 9:39pm Post subject: Any bloggers?
Im a blogger.

http://www.the-asylum-for-victorian-girls.blogspot.com
[=

i post irregually but usually they mention Mr Fry. >.<

Skip Life and come with me?