Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

mattdriver200

Posted Mon Jun 18th, 2007 4:22am Post subject: Any day now...
Hi, you might remember me, but I doubt it. I posted here a while ago (about febuary) concerened I might have bipolar. Well I can tell you between then and now not much has changed. I'm still just as big a coward as i was then and haven't seen a Doctor or anything yet.

However, that's about to change, I take my last exam on thursday, and then I feel I'll be able to get on with my life, or at least start adressing some of my problems. So I finally might pluck up the courage to go seek medical advice.

Just looking for some words of wisdom/encouragement....

Thanks,

Prince Problematic

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Jun 18th, 2007 11:09am Post subject: Any day now...
HI PP,
Great that you have plucked up the courage to see a Doctor.
I put it off for years, so I know what you mean.
I agree that this forum is great for talking with poeple who understand, and/or are interested in BP. There is some great advice posted within it.
Anyway....All the best,
Pete

Fourth Feline

Posted Mon Jun 18th, 2007 1:45pm Post subject: Any day now...
Hi P.P.

The only thing I can add to what Peter S. has already said, is to also have the courage to take whatever advice and medication may be indicated too.

I know that sounds obvious, but in the early days there is sometimes the hope that one only has to be 'confirmed' - not rectified.

When I first started to feel the necessary benefits of mood stabilisers, I really really missed the highs. I now know they where perpetuating the lows.

Also remember that if a drug makes you feel mentally or physically worse after the first few weeks of 'adjustment' , there are nearly always alternatives. I cannot take Lithium without bad side effects, so I take Depakote e.t.c.

all the best P.P. - you have taken the biggest step already

Regards,

F.F.

seasun545

Posted Mon Jun 18th, 2007 9:36pm Post subject: Any day now...
Hi P.P.
I´m new here, just started posting a couple of days ago, looking for people to share my admiration for Mr. Fry´s world and also sharing thoughts and feelings about being depressed and concerned for having BP. And I just wanted to tell you that I admire you for finding the courage to talk to a doctor. It´s so difficult, cause when you´re down, it´s almost impossible to get out and look for help, and when you´re high...well, no reason to find any help, isn´t it?? Everything is so wonderful, I´m so creative, so cheerful...why should I look for help?, I could go to the doctor and tell him: ·Hey doc, I´m the luckiest person in the world and life is a bed of roses!!....and please, treat me for that!!!", looks like a joke, isn´t it??, he would really kick me out!!! . So I think the biggest step is admit you may have a problem and look for help and find the courage to do it. And if you´ve done it, good for you!!, you are brave and I admire you. Good luck!!

mattdriver200

Posted Mon Jun 18th, 2007 9:59pm Post subject: Any day now...
Hey everyone, thanks for all your kind words.

I think in a way it's been good that I've taken so long to do something about it. 6 months ago I thought about going to a Doc and I could never have imagined taking medication. But becuase I've had time to think it through, nowadays I just wish that I could take something to help me through the day.

I'm not brave, if I was brave I'd have sorted it a while ago, but then you all know how one thing leads to another and you always manage to put of getting it sorted cause everything seems so overpowering and changing things always takes it out of your control - but anyway, I'm rambling.

Thanks again, I'll keep you all posted about what I do.

Prince Problematic