Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Julia from Bristol

Posted Fri Feb 27th, 2009 11:51am Post subject: Any more coming along?
Love the PODGRAMS! Are there anymore planned & if so can I be alerted to them?

I have a cunning plan!

monochromeprincess

Posted Fri Feb 27th, 2009 1:11pm Post subject: Any more coming along?
I wanted to say HELLLO and ask you whereabouts in Bristol you are from, Julia :).

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

Julia from Bristol

Posted Fri Feb 27th, 2009 2:06pm Post subject: Any more coming along?
Great to hear from you! We live in Ashley Down. I took early retirement from a headship in a primary school in South Bristol (July '08) and my husband Nick
used to work for Royal & Sun Alliance on Redcliffe Hill. What about you? Is this where we chat or is there 'another place'? All very new to me! Tried Twitter but got completely bamboozled!!:)

I have a cunning plan!

PamJH

Posted Fri Feb 27th, 2009 2:10pm Post subject: Any more coming along?
I hope to see more podgrams, too. I've certainly enjoyed all the others.

monochromeprincess

Posted Fri Feb 27th, 2009 2:32pm Post subject: Any more coming along?
I'm dreamingshadow on twitter if you want to add me, I can help you out as much as I am able :). Is Ashley Down near Gloucester Road? I work in Redcliffe! :D. Well I do when I work, lol. I know a few people from Gloucestershire on here and twitter, but no one as yet from Bristol, so hurrah! Well welcome to the forum and twitter, I hope you have a comfortable stay. The only lingo you need to know here is to know that any Fry fans are called Fluffettes :). So you're our newest Fluffette :D.

mp xxxx

@dreamingshadow

Julia from Bristol

Posted Mon Apr 6th, 2009 5:48pm Post subject: Any more coming along?
Just listened to 'Language' whilst on the treadmill.
He just has to do some more!!

I have a cunning plan!

PamJH

Posted Tue Apr 7th, 2009 1:34am Post subject: Any more coming along?
Just listened to 'Language' whilst on the treadmill.
He just has to do some more!!

I like that one, too. I've listened to it a couple of times during my walks.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Tue Apr 7th, 2009 10:21am Post subject: Any more coming along?
We really need to get a message to him (lots of folk are on Twitter, perhaps they can send messages!) so that he does some more.

Surely he could do them as he is sitting on the various transport going to the various places!

He has such a wonderful ability to lift you whilst extending your language to understand words you dindn't know existed! I think he should set the papers for english exams!!

I have a cunning plan!

PamJH

Posted Tue Apr 7th, 2009 12:41pm Post subject: Any more coming along?

He has such a wonderful ability to lift you whilst extending your language to understand words you dindn't know existed! I think he should set the papers for english exams!!

And he makes it sound so easy. I don't know if he writes a script for the podgrams or it's mostly off the cuff. Whatever he does, the podgrams are wonderful, witty and informative.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Tue Apr 7th, 2009 12:44pm Post subject: Any more coming along?
From what I remember about the first one (when he broke his arm) he usually has an idea if not a script. In the broken arm one he didn't have anything & felt it was just ramblings!

To be honest I liked them all! X-D

I have a cunning plan!

PamJH

Posted Tue Apr 7th, 2009 12:52pm Post subject: Any more coming along?

To be honest I liked them all! X-D

Me, too. I think it's the voice as well as the content. I wish he and Alan Rickman would do some reading project together.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Tue Apr 7th, 2009 3:02pm Post subject: Any more coming along?
Now that is a brill idea!

The BBC have just launched a public speaking competition for 14-18 yr olds. The judges include Jo Brand (do you in the US know of her). She classed as witty. The other judges are John Ameaechi (shrewd ex-basketball player ) & dialogue coach Jeremy Stockwell.

For the trailer they used JFK's 'ask not what your country' speech. In the TV papers they have said 'The search for the next Obama starts here' !

I have a cunning plan!

PamJH

Posted Tue Apr 7th, 2009 3:43pm Post subject: Any more coming along?
Now that is a brill idea!

The BBC have just launched a public speaking competition for 14-18 yr olds. The judges include Jo Brand (do you in the US know of her). She classed as witty. The other judges are John Ameaechi (shrewd ex-basketball player ) & dialogue coach Jeremy Stockwell.

For the trailer they used JFK's 'ask not what your country' speech. In the TV papers they have said 'The search for the next Obama starts here' !

Isn't Jo Brand that terrifyingly funny woman who's sometimes a QI guest? I just want to scream at everything she says if that's her.

A public speaking tour? That's a wonderful idea.
And I'm glad you like my Fry-Rickman idea. Those two voices are enough to make a person...turn to mush, probably.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Tue Apr 7th, 2009 4:02pm Post subject: Any more coming along?
I think she's brill as well!

Anyone who doesn't worry about weight is in my corner!! Dawn French is another fave who fits that bill as well!

I have a cunning plan!