Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Laur1991

Posted Sat May 30th, 2009 4:10am Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
Just wondering if anyone managed to see an episode of season "G" of QI being filmed. If so, how was it?

Mandibles

Posted Sat May 30th, 2009 3:21pm Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
Yes indeed. Can say that they went fantastically well.

It's shaping up to be a cracking series - even if it is going to be split down the middle.

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat May 30th, 2009 4:32pm Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
Mandibles, are you at liberty to explain a bit what they are planning. Over here, on some of our cable channels they do two "seasons" a year. With 8 shows in January, then a hiatus, and 8 shows in June. Is that the kind of thing they are planning for QI this year?

Mandibles

Posted Sun May 31st, 2009 12:06am Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
Exactly Ginj. The original plan was to do 2 letters per year, then the plans changed quite dramatically. The team felt it would be cramming too much.

The first half of the G series (8 episodes including the Xmas/Halloweenish special) will air this Autumn. The second half of the G series will air in Spring just before the studio recordings of series H begin.

Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

Gluben

Posted Mon Jun 1st, 2009 1:21pm Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
I went to the first 4 recordings and they were great fun. My favourite so far was the Gothic one, although that might be because Sue Perkins looks particularly sexy as a goth...

Also sad that I missed the one with David Tennant. Still, there are 6 more to be recorded, so still plenty of quite interestingness to come!

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon Jun 1st, 2009 3:48pm Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
The first half of the G series (8 episodes including the Xmas/Halloweenish special) will air this Autumn. The second half of the G series will air in Spring just before the studio recordings of series H begin.

I really like this idea. We are getting more episodes (16 instead of 12) and we don't have to wait a year to see it. Yeah, I like it.

You have been to FOUR?!! How did you do that? I am jealous. Okay, only kidding since I am not in the UK I couldn't have gone anyway. Always happy to see a forum member enjoying a bit of Fry.

philipbroder

Posted Mon Jun 1st, 2009 4:20pm Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
How early are you joining the queue to be sure of getting in, 4 times - I have tickets for tomorrow and don't want to be turned away....

thanks...

I went to the first 4 recordings and they were great fun. My favourite so far was the Gothic one, although that might be because Sue Perkins looks particularly sexy as a goth...

Also sad that I missed the one with David Tennant. Still, there are 6 more to be recorded, so still plenty of quite interestingness to come!

Gluben

Posted Mon Jun 1st, 2009 6:17pm Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
Admittedly, I've only actually had proper tickets once - the other three times saw me tagging along with someone who had tickets, and very good friends they are too.

You would have to be very, very lucky. It was hard enough getting tickets for one show, let alone four. There's really no way to hurry up the process or make sure you get in before others, except for joining the queue early. The earliest I've got there is about 3.30, and that's being extreme. You should be fine if you get there around 4.15-4.30.

Hopefully though, the Applause Store will reform the way tickets are acquired by series H, since there have been quite a few complaints about it, and the QI team said they were working with Applause Store to do something about it.

Also, I can see the sense in doing 8 episodes in the Autumn and 8 in the Spring, but something at the back of my mind just wants 16 episodes all in one go, ending with the Christmas Special, since it is, by it's definition, special, and is therefore a good way to end a series. Just a thought.

philipbroder

Posted Mon Jun 1st, 2009 6:23pm Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
Thank you - I'm aiming for 4:30 so hopefully all will be well...

[quote="Gluben"]

You would have to be very, very lucky. It was hard enough getting tickets for one show, let alone four. There's really no way to hurry up the process or make sure you get in before others, except for joining the queue early. The earliest I've got there is about 3.30, and that's being extreme. You should be fine if you get there around 4.15-4.30.

Mandibles

Posted Mon Jun 1st, 2009 7:28pm Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
You have been to FOUR?!! How did you do that? I am jealous. Okay, only kidding since I am not in the UK I couldn't have gone anyway. Always happy to see a forum member enjoying a bit of Fry.

Hehe, some of them I was involved with though, so not really "lay back and enjoy the Fry-shine" but ultimately very rewarding.

None now till I head back on the 9th of June.

*5 minute debate later*

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon Jun 1st, 2009 8:03pm Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
Hehe, some of them I was involved with though, so not really "lay back and enjoy the Fry-shine" but ultimately very rewarding.

None now till I head back on the 9th of June.
Well, it is different, of course, if you are working. So have you ever actually met Mr. Fry, up close and personal? I must admit that I am assuming that you haven't, but if there is a good story there I thought I would ask. Also, if you have, next time you see him tell him ginj loves him and he should definitely become her new BFF. X-D Okay, I got carried away, but you can't blame a girl for trying.

Just tell him we all love him.

Mandibles

Posted Tue Jun 2nd, 2009 6:38pm Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
I have hugged him..a few times, and a kiss on the cheek.

Other than that it's been pure polite conversation, and he KNOWS you all love him.

he should definitely become her new BFF

lol! X-D

*5 minute debate later*

ginj

Member *

Posted Tue Jun 2nd, 2009 6:50pm Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
SCREEEEAAAAMMMM! *THUNK* X-D Then recovers to in time to hate you. Only kidding. I guess that is what happens when you do good work.

Soph

Posted Tue Jun 2nd, 2009 6:54pm Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
*stomps feet* Jealousy has just arrived. ; ]

Photobucket

Mandibles

Posted Wed Jun 3rd, 2009 1:11pm Post subject: Anyone been to any QI "G" tapings yet?
I banish the jealousy!

*Picks jealousy up by its collar*
*Throws it out of the forum*
*Dusts her sleeves off*

There. Banished.

*5 minute debate later*