Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

RighthoJeeves

Posted Sat May 12th, 2007 5:16am Post subject: Anyone else do this?
I often to myself, mainly when by myself think to my head a on going conversation with someone. Sometimes I think in my mind them visiting my house. Someone who usually would not, a famous person sometimes a person in a book. If alone- anyone within earshot I might have a conversation with who or whom after fully knowing its me only and just me doing the talking of course. If people are around its just in my mind.

.. Lately I have been viewing Stephen Frys work, I have seen his documentary on Manic Depression, Who do you think you are, and the few episodes on You Tube of Kingdom ( actually I have been able to see all of these thanks to that site, which is nice) and of course QI... anyhow and I in my mind think of what it would be on the off chance, rare chance he visited me.. Do any of you do this? Have conversations in your mind? I have for one person or the other and I am on perfectly even keel, at least for right now, but regardless its just been there.
If so please share

cuckoo

Posted Sat May 12th, 2007 11:36am Post subject: Anyone else do this?
All the time. I live like it. All my thoughts are directed toward another although not usually a celebrity.

English_Rose_Joylan

Posted Sat May 12th, 2007 7:22pm Post subject: Anyone else do this?
me too O.M.G (oh my god) i was realy beginning to worry about myself :-// it is fab to hear that there are others out there who do the same thing X-D

RighthoJeeves

Posted Sat May 12th, 2007 7:45pm Post subject: Anyone else do this?
Sometimes along with my first post, sometimes if someone has not been nice to me in my past like a friend or a classmate in school if I think back to the situation I find myself thinking how I could of handled it different, got the upper hand, if I am alone I might even think it out loud. I cant change the past but I can get out of my system how I felt when the situation/s occured

Aoibheann

Posted Sat May 12th, 2007 7:54pm Post subject: Anyone else do this?
That happens me a lot aswell... When someone has said something mean or ignorant or whatever to me..... i sometimes wont say anything.. and then later i will think about it... and come up with something i SHOULD have said... you know? Or else i will have something to say but i keep my mouth shut.. But then other times.. i will just go ahead and say what im thinking.. .. Tis annoying..! And silly...

There is a saying or something.. think its from Buddism.. im sure i read it somewhere... Something like.. Keep your thoughts on the moment for later.. when you have time to think on them... Live in the present moment...
or something of the like...

Maniac

Posted Sat May 12th, 2007 10:37pm Post subject: Anyone else do this?
I feel better now.
Have done this all my life.

Aoibheann

Posted Sun May 13th, 2007 4:43am Post subject: Anyone else do this?
Cool to hear your feeling better Manaic.

Maniac

Posted Sun May 13th, 2007 1:26pm Post subject: Anyone else do this?
I am, thank you Aoibheann.
Possibly on the way up!!
Trying to remain on a level.

Cheers

sibs

Posted Sun May 13th, 2007 3:26pm Post subject: Anyone else do this?
I do this and most of the time it's something I do on my own so that I can actually speak out load and in some cases act out a past event and add to it. I am aware that the person I talk to is not really there and that it is me imagining this person in my head. I do not see a person but speak for them. This is my way of coping apparently as I am aware of doing this.

Can I ask you something, do you also sometimes giggle when speaking out your thoughts and then while giggling repeat the first few words of the last sentence you spoke out loud or is this just me. I have become so aware of doing this that it is driving me a crazy because I keep trying to stop myself from doing it. I have been aware of this effect since I was put on an antidepressant that apperently was not right for me as it landed me in hospital. I have been doing this giggle think since then or have just become aware that I am doing it.

If not do you or anyone else know why I would be doing this or whether it has something to do with the antidepresent I took.

Nadia

Posted Sun May 13th, 2007 4:04pm Post subject: Anyone else do this?
I often to myself, mainly when by myself think to my head a on going conversation with someone. Sometimes I think in my mind them visiting my house. Someone who usually would not, a famous person sometimes a person in a book. ....If so please share..

Yes!! All the way!
Stephen was there, Anthony Hopkins, Leonardo Da Vinci, Buddha
and many others!

mazikeen

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 2:47pm Post subject: Anyone else do this?
me too !

Sometimes, I talk to my self out loud in my car (which doesn't look that weird anymore, since they have all the cell phone hand free car kit stuff

and .very often, I talk to myself in the mirror, (have been doing this since I was about 16.) It's like, when I expect to see someone soon, I automatically start 'rehearsing' what I'm going to say

pffff glad that I'm not alone

AxmxZ

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 2:57pm Post subject: Anyone else do this?
I have imaginary conversations in my head all the time. I write them down and pad my novel with them.

Vespertine

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 5:11pm Post subject: Anyone else do this?
I often have imaginary conversations in my head. I think thats human nature to a degree. I often have conversations about religion, politics, education, literature, poetry, art. I love it. It expands my mind even when I know no one else is there.

I often speak out loud to people I imagine to be in the room too. Not because I'm crazy but because it's a coping mechanism for me for feeling so lonely at times. It helps me come to terms with the fact that I'm alone in the room. Almost like ignoring that very fact.

caz57

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 1:02am Post subject: Anyone else do this?
Me too!
I thought it was just me!
I am not diagnosed with anything yet, as I ahve only just got the courage to tell my GP I am too ill and have been for most of my life, to just keep popping pills, without knowing what the hell is wrong with me!
I always thought it was a bad habit I picked up form being left alone too much, when I was little. Sort of a friend in my head.
I practise future meetings, things from TV shows, or things that have happened, that i wish I could change.
Maybe we should all be actors or writers, as we must have a good imagination!

Britannicus

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 1:25am Post subject: Anyone else do this?
Can I ask you something, do you also sometimes giggle when speaking out your thoughts and then while giggling repeat the first few words of the last sentence you spoke out loud or is this just me.

I do that allll the time, haha.

I've had those imaginary/outloud conversations for as long as I can remember. My dad does it too. I remember waking up in the middle of the night, years ago, and hearing my dad stage a loud argument with my grandfather about a boat. I was so confused -- Grandpa was a good thirty miles away, and it was way too late for anyone to be using the phone! Turns out my dad had woken up and was unable to fall back asleep, so his mind just started ticking away. Which resulted in his having a heated debate while laying flat on his back in bed. I guess the boat topic was bothering him pretty bad, as he was practically shouting curse words at the ceiling. X-D That's what hearing loss will do, I suppose...

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"