Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

AxmxZ

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 12:14am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
I hope to god that's a spambot and not an actual person - there's bad taste, but this is inexcusable.

ClareBear

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 12:18am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
This thread won't make sense for much longer....I'm about to go on an activation/deletion spree.

ClareBear

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 12:32am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
16 new accounts, 4 genuine.

JVONEARTH

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 12:34am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
What happens there then? why do people do that?

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 12:37am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
out of curiosity (sp) Atari, how many do you get that are fake, say a day or week? how can you check that they are real?

ClareBear

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 12:55am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
the figures I gave there were from midnight to now. they're rendered inactive until I go through and check the profiles...it can be big, glaringly obvious things, or tiny subtle things that give a spambot (human or automated) away. Spambots get paid for posting links, then getting their links clicked on.

JVONEARTH

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 1:00am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
Sad bastards

ClareBear

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 1:04am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
Sunday's going to be fun.

JVONEARTH

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 1:05am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
Why's that then?

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 1:14am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
Mad.... has anyone got any of those on myspace? they try and add you then bombard your page with mail and requests.... pain in the h*le

ClareBear

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 1:14am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
Kingdom starts, and a big influx of new members. Happened for SLOTMD and it's repeat too....

Genuines have been up a bit recently anyway...could be the Kingdom trailers, could be the free Jeeves & Wooster dvds in one of the papers.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 1:15am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
I picture Atari sitting in a mad control room zapping nasty bots with a magic wand and pouring steaming liquids over phials of files, safeguarding her thread children as they explore the canyons of worldly experience....???? hang on maybe it was the cybermen sent me off on that ooh er

Aoibheann

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 1:18am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
WOOOOOOOOOOOO! KINGDOM!

JVONEARTH

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 1:18am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
oh right yeah of course it was slotmd that prompted me to look for a site

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 1:19am Post subject: Anyone make note of the name of our 1372nd member?
I was looking up books i wanted to buy, remembered Fry and looked up his site, then found the forum and hooked since!