Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Ermintrude

Posted Tue Jun 3rd, 2008 10:16am Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
Just wondering if the podgrams are no more? The gap between the first and second podgram was two weeks, between the second and third was four weeks, and it's been eight weeks since the last one....

I really enjoyed the ramblings, and I hope they continue.

fryfan20

Posted Tue Jun 3rd, 2008 10:40am Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
i was wondering the same thing

i know that stephen is works a lot andi have not heart anything that suggest that the podgrams stop.

so am afraid we just have to be patient, i'm sure we will be rewarded with a verry nice podgram

I am what I am

glossyibis

Posted Tue Jun 3rd, 2008 12:54pm Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
Patience is probably what's required here. I expect he'll get back around to it eventually.

No trees were harmed in posting this message, but several million electrons were hopelessly inconvenienced.

dammit john

Posted Tue Jun 3rd, 2008 3:58pm Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
He's filming the next series of QI at the moment....but I'm itching for the next one... I need it to keep me company during the flight when I go on holiday!!

wildfire

Posted Tue Jun 3rd, 2008 10:38pm Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
Stephen gave a talk / lecture about the BBC and why it should continue to operate with the license fee rather than being dismembered on the altar of the free market. It's a very interesting and intelligent lecture, and quite an important topic.

a pseudopodgram?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/thefuture/video_fry.shtml

(or download it if you're a bit dorky with the iPlayer.)

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 6:47am Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
Thanks for the link wildfire...that was a brilliant speech.

I certainly wish the US had a TV model like the BBC...but that gets me into a dark forest of I suppose boring discourse.

But absolutely brilliant speech.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Ermintrude

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 1:18pm Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
Cool, thanks for the link

fryfan20

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 7:12pm Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
thanks for the link.

it was a good speech but i didn't expect anything other than something good from stephen

I am what I am

Roxy641

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 7:38pm Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
Hi Wildfire,

thanks for the BBC link.

Just watching it now.

Roxy641

Stephen gave a talk / lecture about the BBC and why it should continue to....." http://www.bbc.co.uk/thefuture/video_fry.shtml

"Life is too important to be taken seriously". OSCAR WILDE.

Selma

Posted Mon Jun 9th, 2008 9:29am Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
I'd like more too. There could simply never be enough, I suppose. We can but wait in hope...

Selma

Posted Mon Jun 9th, 2008 10:56am Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
Stephen gave a talk / lecture about the BBC and why it should continue to operate with the license fee rather than being dismembered on the altar of the free market. It's a very interesting and intelligent lecture, and quite an important topic.

a pseudopodgram?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/thefuture/video_fry.shtml

(or download it if you're a bit dorky with the iPlayer.)

I say! Very good indeed.

And the evidence is right in my face, being a New Zealander. As Mr Fry mentioned, we do it differently here. And, to be quite frank, NZ made television is, more often than not, complete shit. When I turn on a programme and see in the opening credits the letters BBC in their neat little squares, I think "Thank god, finally something watchable". and then we go and make hopeless imitations of British sucesses (the first which comes to mind is Changing Rooms, which was a bit of a forerunner to an awful lot of improvement shows but which held all the charm of the first in a long line of progressively more boring and pointless imitations, including the NZ version called Changing Rooms (here read the type one would use at the swimming pool) which was the same thing but much much worse).

Basically what I'm trying to say is that the only really good television we get in this country is what we import from the good old Beeb. So there.

And there's not nearly enough of it. And it's pumped so full of ads I'd rather just get it on YouTube.

Nixie

Posted Wed Jun 11th, 2008 1:35pm Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
Just wondering if the podgrams are no more? The gap between the first and second podgram was two weeks, between the second and third was four weeks, and it's been eight weeks since the last one....

I really enjoyed the ramblings, and I hope they continue.

Yay! My first post here ever since I signed up here. Pathetic really, but I'm hopelessly busy.

Yeah, I miss the podgrams too. I can't wait for the next one. I reckon Stephen's still busy with that BBC documentary he told us about in his last two podgrams. He said that they expected to wrap up at the end of May, and since the next podgram is going to be a read-out blessay, he probably has very little time to write a blessay to read.

I really hope that they finish their post-production work soon, so he can tell us how it turned out!:P

Julia Nelson

Posted Fri Jun 13th, 2008 5:07pm Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
We were there in the States when Stephen was there, we followed and laughed and enjoyed and were so excited. But now we are home and would love another episode.
thank you for one to three, anticipating four...
Julia and Anthea

ChrisWhite

Posted Sun Jun 15th, 2008 3:12am Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
As Jeeves would say, "Ahem."

Stephen, we know you're busy and wait ever so patiently...

misswrite

Posted Tue Jun 17th, 2008 12:58pm Post subject: Are the podgrams dead?
I also wondered if Stephen will do more podcasts, have discovered them online in itunes tonight. It's very kind of him to be wondering aloud what style of podcats the listeners prefer - as far as I'm concerned he can talk about whatever he likes. Hes' so witty and wonderful I just wince with pleasure listening to these podcasts; whatever topic he chooses it will be worth a listen. Hopefully he'll see these kinds of posts and be encouraged to do some more when he has time.