Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Britannicus

Posted Sun May 13th, 2007 7:53am Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
...Is grudge-holder a word...phrase...thing? Blah. Haha.

You know what I'm talking about. Admit it.

I'm horrible. I can recite word-for-word the nasty e-mails my best friend sent me well over six years ago. (Well...she did compare me at thirteen to Osama bin Laden, after all...and I'm not afraid of reminding her of her strange, peculiar way of spelling it, either!) X-D

And when my friends make me angry for some reason or another, all I can think are things like this: "Six months ago you didn't help me search for my missing cat except for ONCE, and you spent the whole forty-five minutes whining about the cold! $%@#! You're horrible, HORRIBLE!"

Normally they have to make me really mad in order for me to actually say these things out loud. REALLY angry. Which luckily, is an extreme rarity. But the thoughts are there nonetheless.

Yep. I'm bad. What about all of you?

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

joan

Posted Sun May 13th, 2007 12:02pm Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
I'm not, but my husband is.
Grudge-bearing can make you dreadfully unhappy.
Best to recognise that human nature is flawed, hypocritical, and changeable. Just forget the nasties - if people change for the better and stop doing whatever bothered you - fine. If they continue, have nothing more to do with them, then forget them.

Fourth Feline

Posted Sun May 13th, 2007 1:10pm Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
I'm not, Grudge-bearing can make you dreadfully unhappy.
Best to recognise that human nature is flawed, hypocritical, and changeable. Just forget the nasties - if people change for the better and stop doing whatever bothered you - fine. If they continue, have nothing more to do with them, then forget them.

Same here Joan, It just eats up the insides of the person with the grudge in my experience.

F.F.

absolutely curtains

Posted Sun May 13th, 2007 4:15pm Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
Grudges don't do no one no good no how.

You'd do better just to get over it.

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Sun May 13th, 2007 6:20pm Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
depends on what has been done... if its really bad, such as certain people who bullied me when I was groing up and made my life hell, then yes. I wont forget that and I keep my distance from them now when they act as if nothing happened and are all chatty with me. but if it is small things then meh I wont hold it against a person.

Britannicus

Posted Sun May 13th, 2007 9:14pm Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
Give up my grudges? Never!

They're practically my only outlet for anger.

If I didn't have those to vent my fury on, I'd be stuck getting furious about normal stuff, like the crap you see on the news. I'd much rather be ticked off about stupid little things than those huge, monster problems that I can't change anyway.

My friends, I can throw ill-tempered looks at. George Bush, however? Nuh-uh.

"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Nadia

Posted Sun May 13th, 2007 10:24pm Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
X-D No! I'm not.. I'm short-tempered but have short memory as well..
If i'm angry I'm angy at the moment, within 5-10 minutes I'll be calm and
cheerful and "Dude, what happened? Why r you so sad?" [dude is sad because
I called him ****** or ***** or something like this ].

The only person who gave mortal offences to me is my mom! X-D
She's guilty-bad-I-remember-EVERYTHING-oh-i'll take-revenge!! X-D Stuff
came from childhood.
I don't remember any offence from other ppl \ nowadays..

Britannicus

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 8:33am Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
X-D No! I'm not.. I'm short-tempered but have short memory as well..
If i'm angry I'm angy at the moment, within 5-10 minutes I'll be calm and
cheerful and "Dude, what happened? Why r you so sad?" [dude is sad because
I called him ****** or ***** or something like this ].

X-D

Dina

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 12:10pm Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
Oooh, I'm the grudge-holder from hell. When I feel bad I start plotting gruesome murders.

trouser material

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 1:00pm Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
I find it difficult not to hold grudges, particularly when it involves somebody i don't like that owes me a lot of money.

AxmxZ

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 2:54pm Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
Don't really hold grudges... can't really recall the last time anyone did anything intentionally mean to me.

boffinbabe12

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 5:46pm Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
I don't hold things against people if they apologise... but if it happens repeatedly then I do hold grudges that are VERY hard to let go of...

Vespertine

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 5:52pm Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
...Is grudge-holder a word...phrase...thing? Blah. Haha.

You know what I'm talking about. Admit it.

I'm horrible. I can recite word-for-word the nasty e-mails my best friend sent me well over six years ago. (Well...she did compare me at thirteen to Osama bin Laden, after all...and I'm not afraid of reminding her of her strange, peculiar way of spelling it, either!) X-D

And when my friends make me angry for some reason or another, all I can think are things like this: "Six months ago you didn't help me search for my missing cat except for ONCE, and you spent the whole forty-five minutes whining about the cold! $%@#! You're horrible, HORRIBLE!"

Normally they have to make me really mad in order for me to actually say these things out loud. REALLY angry. Which luckily, is an extreme rarity. But the thoughts are there nonetheless.

Yep. I'm bad. What about all of you?

Your best friend sends you nasty emails when she gets in a 'mood'. And shes your best friend because?
My best friend and I have never fallen out. Not once. Friends for 5 years.

I don't so much bear grudges against people. But I do have a clear line and if they cross it the friendships over. Simple as. But I will not be petty and carry on disputes with them about it. I will simply end the friendship and maintain no contact. If I must have contact with them for one reason or another I'm civil but not friendly, and no mention of the past is talked about.

Phlizz

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 6:02pm Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
f I must have contact with them for one reason or another I'm civil but not friendly, and no mention of the past is talked about.

I have tried to do that in the past but it's never really worked for me. As much as it is my goal in life to be a 'grumpy old man', I find it very hard to bear grudges, but I don't begrudge bears either - unless they've stolen my picnic basket, the scoundrels...

Vespertine

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 7:11pm Post subject: Are YOU a grudge-holder?
X-D Scoundrels! The lot of them!