Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 2:45am Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
after months of cleaning up after my roommates, taking out all thier beer bottles to the recycling, watching them get up no earlier than noon whether they miss school or work or not... being mostly kind and courteous except for a firm "they are coming to turn the gas off because you failed to write a check in response to my three notes i left for you on the kitchen table. write a check now and i'll see what we can do."...

i'm pretty sure i'm a jeeves.

if only i got paid for it... and were so tall and ... a man.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 2:48am Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
I'm more Jeeves I suppose. But I do adore Wooster so very, very much. I guess we always like better what we aren't?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 3:14am Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
it takes all kinds.

my life would be a bit off balance, i guess, if the two messy-haired sweat machines weren't around to interrupt my light reading on a newly vaccumed sofa, each of them carrying a six pack of rainier and screaming the popular battle cry:

"HEY! IT'S SHIRTLESS O'CLOCK!"

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 3:20am Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
Ha! I've not had a roommate since fresher year of undergrad when I shared a near shoe box with a girl I mentally have designated the Whore of Babylon. Actually she didn't whore nor was she particularly prolific when it came to partners but she did invoke my ire by insisting on having sex while I was in the room which resulted, because of the room size, in her perpetually having sex about four inches from my face. She also incidentally didn't "believe" in washing. Not herself, not her clothes.

We were not, as they say, "well matched" as roomies.

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 3:59am Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
I'm definitely Wooster - largely decorative.

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 4:17am Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
I'm definitely Wooster - largely decorative.

Me too, but I polled without responding!

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 4:27am Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
Ha! I've not had a roommate since fresher year of undergrad when I shared a near shoe box with a girl I mentally have designated the Whore of Babylon. Actually she didn't whore nor was she particularly prolific when it came to partners but she did invoke my ire by insisting on having sex while I was in the room which resulted, because of the room size, in her perpetually having sex about four inches from my face. She also incidentally didn't "believe" in washing. Not herself, not her clothes.

thank god THAT never happened in J&W.

er...someone might disgree...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 4:41am Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?

thank god THAT never happened in J&W.

er...someone might disgree...

Not four inches from their face! And unwashed for nine months! Gah!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 1:12pm Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
Here's a highly scientific and acedemically respected QUIZ to help one decide.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 1:17pm Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
I'm definitely FANON JEEVES

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Soupy Twist

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 2:39pm Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
ah, thanks to Fryphile's link it's now academically proven that I am a Bertie

Maren

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 2:41pm Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
I must admit that i'm certainly not a Jeeves :-// - "tidy up" is not really my
motto (I just hate smutty kitchens and bathrooms.)

But a Wooster? No, I'm not a Wooster - in fact I don't know who I am

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 3:33pm Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
Apparently I am Aunt Agatha!

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 3:37pm Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
ah, thanks to Fryphile's link it's now academically proven that I am a Bertie

"I am a Bertie" has a ring to it!

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

JSKanga84

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 7:37pm Post subject: are you a jeeves or a wooster?
I can definitely relate to banjo's experience, although mine wasn't quite that bad. It was, however, bad enough to make me swear off having roommates for the duration of single life, no matter how long it lasts.
So I'm a Jeeves; I cook, I clean, I solve other people's problems in a creative fashion.