Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Jun 16th, 2008 3:57pm Post subject: Arise Sir Stephen! Campaign to Enoble Stephen Fry
Even if Stephen IS offered a much deserved Knighthood, will he accept it? It's my view that he is a very modest man and I could see him politely declining it should the offer ever come up.

Considering that you meet Mr Fry more or less on a weekly basis, you could literally see him politely declining the offer X-D X-D

Stephen leaning in a corner, talking on his mobile:
"This is most kind of you!" - waves to Mandibles "Hi, Nicola!" - "but I´m afraid I really cannot accept your offer, so sorry, Your Majesty!" X-D

Who cares about a silly little Knighthood? And perhaps he´s already been offered it and declined, who knows

JSKanga84

Posted Mon Jun 16th, 2008 6:19pm Post subject: Arise Sir Stephen! Campaign to Enoble Stephen Fry
There's a facebook group out there that's claiming this exact point: They say that Stephen must have already been offered the knighthood and declined it!
I dunno. All speculation.

btw, banjo: You're exactly right-- if a state is 60% red, it's considered all red. They really should either divide up the electoral college votes in accordance with the way the voters voted or just get rid of the electoral college altogether. We get kind of a bum deal in the US with the way things are.
/frustrated political rant

wildfire

Posted Mon Jun 16th, 2008 6:44pm Post subject: Arise Sir Stephen! Campaign to Enoble Stephen Fry
I think Fry deserves a Knighthood in due course but I'd guess he's still too young to be offered one at the moment! It's a lifetime achievement thing and I reckon there's another few decades of productivity in Stephen Fry at least!

EDIT: I hope this doesn't disqualify him! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHBy3lTohaU

fryfan20

Posted Mon Jun 16th, 2008 8:03pm Post subject: Arise Sir Stephen! Campaign to Enoble Stephen Fry
i think the royal family can take a joke, aspecialy a good one from stephen

I am what I am

Mandibles

Posted Thu Jun 19th, 2008 12:34pm Post subject: Arise Sir Stephen! Campaign to Enoble Stephen Fry
- waves to Mandibles "Hi, Nicola!" -

*Natalie X-D

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

katysara

Posted Fri Jun 20th, 2008 12:14pm Post subject: Arise Sir Stephen! Campaign to Enoble Stephen Fry
I have a sword I can lend out for the occasion (!) You know there is an official way to do this - you get certain paperwork (not sure where from but I can find out), fill it in, nominating someone, and then send it off - the rest is out of normal folks' hands.

I don't know if he'd turn in down, has turned it down already, or would accept it. Most people seem to accept these things.

For the record, I wouldn't accept it, but since it will never happen I am safe in saying that!!!!

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com