Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

surabin

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 12:21am Post subject: Arm
Congrats about getting out of Mount Sina alive, in local circles is well known as some were to avoid if at all possible. Teaching hospitals in the USA are not the best places to get well. Also when my wife saw the first xray Stephen posted she was not only concerned about the break but about the poor quality of the xray (20 years of xray experience) Long live the NHS you may die in the waiting room but usually they don't screw up like this .

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 1:51am Post subject: Arm
I'm both uncomfortable with the idea of someone 'practicing' X-rays and other medical know-how on Stephen and uncomfortable with my being uncomfortable - after all, the medics have to learn on someone, and a poor and entirely obscure person has as much right to competent treatment as a rich and famous one...

JSKanga84

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 6:52pm Post subject: Arm
Fact is, though, sometimes doctors mess up. They unfortunately cannot choose on whom they will mess up and it saddens me that fate chose for them to contribute unnecessarily to a man already in considerable physical and emotional anguish.

ysabella

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 9:29pm Post subject: Arm
I'm open-minded. Maybe the Florida x-ray was incorrectly taken. Maybe a custom brace is typical treatment for a spiral fracture in the States (I hope I never have to find out).
Interestingly, in looking at a couple of pages on broken bones out of curiosity, I found that if Mr.Fry has stopped smoking, he will heal faster than if he still was smoking.

Teaching hospitals aren't a bad deal at all - usually you just have more minds working on your problem, as there are always expert teachers along with the students. It can even be amusing, like when two male students, a male instructor/doctor, and a female nurse did my pelvic exam once. I learned a lot about my own anatomy. Plus it was just funny to have such an audience! I should have sold popcorn.