Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

MrCartoonguy

Posted Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 11:19am Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

I doubt they will go but hey.....gotta try....haven't been on here for a while. Hows all?

Reality is contigent; the only permanent concept in the multiverse is change - death. We are born into it and it follows us.

Katymum

Posted Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 5:26pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

I love your work ...Katy did too... but then you know that! They fascinate me. What are you selling? Where can I look at your stuff please?

Zeravia

Posted Sat Dec 17th, 2011 12:24am Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

I had only just watched the program mentioned before. and scrolled down to this thread. If i am going to start anywhere, this would be the place i supose, as it is all i really am. I have been told that my art is good... but i never believe it really.

http://sammy-silverstripe.deviantart.com/

I don't think There is anything really good there, but the creativity i have been told is there. {even now i still deny it}

MrCartoonguy

Posted Tue Dec 20th, 2011 9:26am Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

Thanks for compliment KAtymum. I appreciate that. I sold my first painting recently. I will put some more for sale soon on ebay.

Reality is contigent; the only permanent concept in the multiverse is change - death. We are born into it and it follows us.

MrCartoonguy

Posted Tue Dec 20th, 2011 9:27am Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

Zeravia your art is great thanks for adding it!!!!

caera

Posted Wed Dec 21st, 2011 2:14pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

Painting is just not to draw something on canvas, but it is more than that. You can express your feelings, anger, sadness through this. In medical terms it is a way to reduce stress, if you like painting.

Fugk

Posted Wed Jan 11th, 2012 2:57am Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

May I say what a great thread. I've just finished watching Fry's documentary and came here to read more about it. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember and I agree that I wouldnt press the button either.
I enjoy my art, none of it may make sense but at the time that I draw im in a certain mood, I dont think about what im drawing I just sit and let my mind wander through all my troubles or joys, its very theraputic and certainly helps me when im stressed. I've noticed the less I draw the more likely I'll wind up in a depressive episode again, and I get like this I cant do anything let alone draw.

Vengeful_Fred

Posted Sat May 5th, 2012 12:15am Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

I have some artwork up at http://darkhorse-art.weebly.com
also my email address has changed so i wont get any updates about that book for katy-sara. can someone please let me know when that book is released. email coalminecanary@hotmail.ca thanks

Vengeful_Fred

Posted Sat May 5th, 2012 12:15am Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

oh and wonderful artwork displayed here. great job people.

Frecklechick

Posted Sat Jul 28th, 2012 3:12am Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

MrCartoonguy said:

There's a few of what I have done. Still planning on experimenting and doing what I have recently felt inspired to do. A couple of these are pieces that feel right to have painted. The others were self development and practice as I have been painting well under a year. Just over six months so I do not have many.

I have a (very old) cartoon website (with very early work)because all I used to do was draw cartoons. The humour is not the norm: http://www.mrcartoonscartoons.piczo.com

Thank you and I would love more people to share.

Your artwork is great! Thanks for posting it. Here's my deviant art link: http://frecklechick.deviantart.com/gallery/

balangsen

Posted Wed Jun 26th, 2013 3:31pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

There isnt much there, and most is old, but....
http://tardain.deviantart.com/

Mangaish cartoony style. Stll learning and stll cant draw what I really want to.

"If you never experience pain and loss, how will you be truely able to enjoy joy?"
Me-ism

MrCartoonguy

Posted Sun Oct 27th, 2013 8:21pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

Thanks guys, have not been here for a while due to difficult circumstances but its cool to see such pleasantry, good intent and civility. I say this as here there is chaos.

MrCartoonguy

Posted Sun Oct 27th, 2013 8:40pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

I appreciate the new art, the fiendish yet raw direct drawings of Fugk that hold chaos, death and morbidity, the nature of the condition I guess. I feel like death (as in the spirit of death) is near me when I begin to fall low. The chaos in your work (like with my notions when my mind changes) becomes the paradigm of truth, because nothing in the universe is permanent except death/change/chaos ... bit deep I know.
Freckle chic, your paintings show and emphasize the inner life and experience of experiencing being human if you get me? The-what-it-is likeness to feel X or P within a moment. The focus of your art grasps my attention to empathise with your paintings and not critique your means of painting per sa; they provoke "feels".
Balangsen, a creative page you have there, clearly showing that you think outside of the box, which is fantastic and this is extremely valued by many philosophers regarding imagination and creativity such as Boden, Kant and Gaut. I can appreciate your pagan flavoured cognates in the form of elves and crystals which also are beautiful parts of our heritage. I liked the ear decorative piece you created too. Everyone, so much potential, so much talent, a pleasure to share and enjoy.