Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Susanne85

Posted Sun Dec 19th, 2010 3:48pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

Oeh it's a sticky now

katysara

Posted Sun Dec 19th, 2010 3:50pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

Now you know what a sticky is, I have stickied this thread to the top part of the forum so it wont get lost, just like I sticked the writer's thread - only fair.

Great pictures MrCartoonGuy. I would buy your art.

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

MrCartoonguy

Posted Sun Dec 19th, 2010 4:20pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

Oh excellent. Thank you very much.

Reality is contigent; the only permanent concept in the multiverse is change - death. We are born into it and it follows us.

Susanne85

Posted Mon Dec 20th, 2010 4:13pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

I really like your cartoons. How is it going with the realistic drawings?

MrCartoonguy

Posted Mon Dec 20th, 2010 5:03pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

So So. I dislike it. Did this portrait and a couple more but they were paintings. I don't enjoy strict realistic pencil drawing too much because it requires concentration, skill and commitment it is very limited on creativity. I want to develop my own thing. Express and create. Not be a super skilled photo realistic artist.
Glad you liked the cartoons....not the norm really are they?

Reality is contigent; the only permanent concept in the multiverse is change - death. We are born into it and it follows us.

katysara

Posted Mon Dec 20th, 2010 11:41pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

The pencil drawings you did for my book were ace!

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

MrCartoonguy

Posted Tue Dec 21st, 2010 1:37pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

Thanks Katy. I am enjony reading the book it is also ace.

Susanne85

Posted Tue Dec 21st, 2010 4:28pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

MrCartoonguy said:
So So. I dislike it. Did this portrait and a couple more but they were paintings. I don't enjoy strict realistic pencil drawing too much because it requires concentration, skill and commitment it is very limited on creativity. I want to develop my own thing. Express and create. Not be a super skilled photo realistic artist.
Glad you liked the cartoons....not the norm really are they?

If I understand you correctly and you mean by "not the norm really are they?" That they are a bit rude or not politically correct, then my response is: well yes sir, but I like that

You know, the thing you talk about not wanting to be a super skilled photo realistic artist, I can relate to that so much! In one way I want to go to art school to learn more but in the other I am not interested in learning to paint realistic landscapes/animals/people. I just want to draw/paint stupid cartoonish figures with smiles on their faces lol I don't want to be the next Vermeer or da Vinci, I just want to be me (whoever the f**k that is)

MrCartoonguy

Posted Tue Dec 21st, 2010 5:18pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

Excellent Susanne 85 !!!

I have an amazing friend that has helped me and they have been trying to drill that sentiment into my head for some time now.
Look at this guy

http://www.ekundayo.com/

You will not need to be taught how to do art. You already have it in you. However, they can offer guidance on helping you make your own stuff by showing you all the different materials and possible techniques.

Susanne85

Posted Sat Dec 25th, 2010 9:43pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

And did it work, is it sticking in your head now?

Thank you for giving me the link. His style kinda creeps me out, which is good because his art creates a feeling in me, which is always good. I was also really interested in his youth/life so far. If you see him, give him my compliments about his work, if you like.

I'm still ambivalent about going to art school, but I'm going to work it out.

MrCartoonguy

Posted Sat Dec 25th, 2010 11:43pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

If you have a CPN speak to them...they sometimes offer things in art. There are many schemes. We have one here called Art in mind.

http://www.artinminds.org.uk/

Susanne85

Posted Sun Dec 26th, 2010 12:48am Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

I don't know what a CPN is. I live in Holland but I'm going to check the website you gave me.

MrCartoonguy

Posted Sun Dec 26th, 2010 6:34pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

Ok...enjoy

Susanne85

Posted Thu Jan 6th, 2011 8:32pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

I maybe have the opportunity to get lessons from someone who was traditionally schooled and has worked with Herman Brood (Dutch musician/painter) and other people. I'm soooo hoping this is gonna work out!!!! I'm going to be okay. No, even better than okay

MrCartoonguy

Posted Sat Jan 8th, 2011 2:27pm Post subject: Art and manic depression/bipolar

I hope this does work out for you Susanne85. It would give you some amazing skills. However, you really do have the aptitude and excellent creative skills to do your own thing. You could take from this artist and adapt. I wish you all the best.