Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Vespertine

Posted Tue May 22nd, 2007 11:29pm Post subject: Art Outlets
I was wondering whether anyone here used art as an outlet for their feelings. I certainly do. If you have art that you want seen post it on this thread.

Just one out of many of mine!

doublecrown

Posted Fri May 25th, 2007 1:54pm Post subject: Art Outlets
like your stuff . i use digital photography and snazzy editing stuff to try an do sum expression, also presentations / animations r gud, to let your feelings out am good wordsmith but with this brain thing we have i just cant get spellin or puncuation rite gud job my wife is a hed teacher and my kids 13 and 11 are gud at teaching me how 2 use apple mac and pc computers they say sum stuff i do is sick ( not sure if sick is gud or bad in kids lingo these days ) ps i use sum bjork for background music in presentations once again thanx for reply on irony ... re your comment on ironing dont matter now cos lost me job and dont need shirts and ties anymore ( got tempted to hang myself many times with the ties anyway ) on a possative note i am applying to go to art college this year ITS WHAT I WANTED TO DO 25 YEARS AGO ........ps but give me numbers aaaarrrrr numbers , geometery , telemetery , trojectery . i love numbers , do robots count electric sheep to get to sleep ? thats aldus huxleys book bladerunner is based on , i learnt my litriture from talking books , very gud for sleepless nights , and free to hire from the RNIB .... c u soon

cuckoo

Posted Fri May 25th, 2007 2:49pm Post subject: Art Outlets
I'm super impressed. I sing to express myself - I do alot of impro jazz. Would like to see more of your stuff.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat May 26th, 2007 10:40am Post subject: Art Outlets
Hi Vespertine.

In reply to your question.........<>

I write music for enjoyment, as a hobby, and as an outlet to capture my feelings and emotions.

I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar (Type 2) a while ago. I have always suspected that I suffered mood changes more than most. After reading what Bi-Polar was (after the diagnosis) the diagnosis was no surprise to me.

I have seemed to suffer highs more so than lows throughout my life, but it's during these lows that I seem to become more creative, and it's during the highs that I seem to do and commit to silly and sometimes damaging things.

Fortunately I've managed to hold down the position I have (Electronic Engineer) for 22 years this year. It hasnt been easy at times, and there are times where I have gone away in tears thinking, I've blown it this time.

Medication seems to be the awnser for now, but I do miss the lows, as I used to be able to create music more easily during these periods. Not that I can't now, but during the lows I seemed to be able to reach deeper inside myself, and express my emotions much easier.

Anyway Vespertine, I've attached a link that lists some of the music I have written and recorded. Please, please dont think I'm plugging my stuff here, as that certainly isnt my aim. Most of the music listed was written during darker periods of my life.

Anyway the link is http://www.musicsa.com.au/artists/petesnelling/

Take care and bye for now

Vespertine

Posted Sun May 27th, 2007 12:11am Post subject: Art Outlets
like your stuff . i use digital photography and snazzy editing stuff to try an do sum expression, also presentations / animations r gud, to let your feelings out am good wordsmith but with this brain thing we have i just cant get spellin or puncuation rite gud job my wife is a hed teacher and my kids 13 and 11 are gud at teaching me how 2 use apple mac and pc computers they say sum stuff i do is sick ( not sure if sick is gud or bad in kids lingo these days ) ps i use sum bjork for background music in presentations once again thanx for reply on irony ... re your comment on ironing dont matter now cos lost me job and dont need shirts and ties anymore ( got tempted to hang myself many times with the ties anyway ) on a possative note i am applying to go to art college this year ITS WHAT I WANTED TO DO 25 YEARS AGO ........ps but give me numbers aaaarrrrr numbers , geometery , telemetery , trojectery . i love numbers , do robots count electric sheep to get to sleep ? thats aldus huxleys book bladerunner is based on , i learnt my litriture from talking books , very gud for sleepless nights , and free to hire from the RNIB .... c u soon

Sick means good X-D But then...bad can mean awesome lol

Still, I'd love to see any art that you've done. And I'm devestated to hear about your job!! Pm me if you need a shoulder, I'm always free. Even if you just need a rant!
Great to hear you're starting art college! That should give you some meaning to getting up in the morning! And it's such a wonderful outlet!

Cuckoo - If you would like to see some more of my things have a look at http://dukeofnoodleness.deviantart.com

Pete - I will listen to your music a few times and then get back to you. I'm not going to listen to it now but inthe near future i will. For the simple reason that I like to set time aside to listen to music

Maniac

Posted Sun May 27th, 2007 12:40am Post subject: Art Outlets
That's a good pic!
I've started writing everything down.
I always keep a diary when I'm low but today I did the ritual of buying a new pen and pad and have not stopped writing now.
I have 35 pages of A5 basically saying not a lot, but it has lifted my mood a lot!!

Keep up the artwork - it's great.

Nadia

Posted Sun May 27th, 2007 6:21am Post subject: Art Outlets
Do You mean any depressive art? Oh I was doing tons of it - earlier. Dozens of pics.
Now I know what's wrong with me and ..kinda lost interest..It was like unanswered question which pushed me to create this stuff..
Of course I still have pictures of broken dolls and dead ppl in my mind, by now i'm too lazy to draw it ..
Of course when one is deeply depressed , he/she probably can't create anything - because of the apathy.

Some samples - I didn't know why I was doing this instead of usual cheerful pinky stuff -

LOL, I enjoyed the idea of missing body parts X-D Also red+black combo..
Wow, looking trough it now, huge file folder - how self-absorbed one can be!! X-D :-// I had ME on most of the pix.. didn't notice =)))
Tons of this crap, TONS.. It helped though.

I love Your picture - very.. home-felt.. heartfelt..oh dear, i hope You can
understand what i'm trying to say X-D :-// .. I mean.. I like it
because i can feel it.
. erm.. ..if it makes any sense..

Vespertine

Posted Sun May 27th, 2007 5:45pm Post subject: Art Outlets
Nadia those are wonderful!! Even if you know what the problem is now that shouldn't prevent you from making such wonderful pieces!

Fourth Feline

Posted Sun May 27th, 2007 7:10pm Post subject: Art Outlets
I firstly must say Nadia, - that being you in those pictures seems to confirm that you have both beauty and talent

My own outlet is music. Guitar; largely in the Blues / Rock blues/ Jazzy blues, Soul and 50's Rock'n'Roll based styles.

I like improvisation, but currently lack a band to work off of. Backing C.D's are just not the same as personal interaction. Meanwhile I ensure that however I feel, I get at least an hour a day of practice in, to include scales, dexterity exercises, set pieces and some improvisation.

Obviously this goes better when I'm not depressed, but is essential therapy even when I am.

F.F.