Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

PamJH

Posted Fri Jan 30th, 2009 11:16pm Post subject: Article on Laurie, a bit about Fry
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117999274.html?categoryId=3530&cs=1

This came up on Google alert. Quite a good article.

erik

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 3:45pm Post subject: Article on Laurie, a bit about Fry
Slightly off topic for the forum, but I guess most people here are fans of Hugh as well as Stephen. I certainly am. Thanks for the link.

PamJH

Posted Thu Feb 5th, 2009 2:45am Post subject: Article on Laurie, a bit about Fry
No problem. If the article hadn't mentioned Stephen Fry, I wouldn't have bothered to add the link. I like Hugh Laurie but well...you know.

This month's More magazine features Emma Thompson and there was a small picture of her, Hugh, Stephen and another guy from their Cambridge days. Cute picture, it was.

Maxx England

Posted Thu Feb 5th, 2009 1:26pm Post subject: Article on Laurie, a bit about Fry
Don't know what Emma T is like in person, but I always get the impression that what you see is what you get. Personally, I like what I see and hear.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

PamJH

Posted Thu Feb 5th, 2009 9:37pm Post subject: Article on Laurie, a bit about Fry
Don't know what Emma T is like in person, but I always get the impression that what you see is what you get. Personally, I like what I see and hear.

I don't know what any of them are like in person, but from what I've read and viewed, I can see why they all got on together so well. Emma Thompson seems very warm and genuine. Funny, too.

fanoffry

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 5:42am Post subject: Article on Laurie, a bit about Fry
Oooh, thanks for the link.

PamJH

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 2:31pm Post subject: Article on Laurie, a bit about Fry
Anytime, FanofFry

A_Nurse

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 3:44pm Post subject: Article on Laurie, a bit about Fry
If Fry and Laurie returned .....Would it still work in today's comedy climate....

I personally believe it would on seven different levels. [Possibly eight if you include Monkage]

erik

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 4:44pm Post subject: Article on Laurie, a bit about Fry
They've both changed. I think it would be very different if they did work together on something (and I hope they will). But they are both still in comedy, they could certainly make it work. No reason to think they've been left behind by time.

PamJH

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 10:21pm Post subject: Article on Laurie, a bit about Fry
It would have to include dazzling repartee since they're both wonderful at that. I wouldn't mind seeing them do a drama together, either.