Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

tamConnolly

Posted Mon Nov 7th, 2011 4:51pm Post subject: Artists

Hi to All,

I am new to clubfry.
I thought I would start by sharing a website of an artist that I have recently come across.

Please feel free to share back with any artist you enjoy.

http://www.timgagnonstudio.com/

SahirneeSSilvermane

Posted Fri Nov 18th, 2011 6:35pm Post subject: Artists

I'm new here as well, tamConnolly. I'm an artist myself, and I'm always interested in seeing the work of others. I checked out the Tim Gagnon website, and I must say Quite Fascinating! What an incredible vision this artist has. Yes, thought-provoking, and very edgy.

I'm a traditionalist painter. I love working on a painting more than anything, really. I work in oils and watercolors plus ink for Asian Sumi painting. My art is the strongest place in my life. I'm self-taught, and have spent years studying the old masters and more. It's such a joy to me. I found a quote by Mr. Oscar Wilde from his great essay "The Critic As Artist": "Yes, I am a dreamer.For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." I feel that he knew exactly how we are...and he was such a great literary artist himself...we owe him a great deal, we artists do. What do you think?

SahirneeSSilvermane, The Tiger's Eye Studio, Tacoma, WA, USA