Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

gormster

Posted Sun Feb 15th, 2009 1:44am Post subject: Assetbar Fanflows
I have absolutely no idea how to get in contact with the good man himself; it appears to be rather impossible. The options seem to be either (a) tweet at him, which I absolutely refuse to do on the grounds that Twitter is no more than a glorified Facebook status update, (b) leave a comment on his blog, which I find quite the incorrect way to bring up new information, or (c) do something on this forum and hope someone in charge notices.

That seems like the one to do, then.

For quite a while now I've been paying $3 a month for something called Achewood Premium Updates on a website called Assetbar (which lives at http://www.assetbar.com).

Basically, this is an extension to the existing and brilliant comic Achewood, with microblog style updates from the character's fictional lives, as well as subscriber-only strips and other assorted nonsense from the creator's brain.

My point is: wouldn't this be a fabulous way to monetize this site? After all, monetization is what Stephen talks about in his podcast about SF.C 2.0. It's a very small amount of money per month for what I'm sure would be a rich stream of content, and I know for a fact that I would sign up without hesitation.

There are already a few people doing this, including a number of webcomics like PvP (which I hate, personally, but there's something like 200,000 readers) and the brilliant Freezepop.

So, Mr. Fry, if you're reading this, and I congratulate you for reading all of it, or if some assistant has summarized it in a sentence: check out Assetbar. It really is a useful tool.

(Also, if you're wondering, no: I don't work there. I work at MasterChef Australia, which you should all watch if you live in the country.)

michael

Posted Sun Feb 15th, 2009 10:02pm Post subject: Assetbar Fanflows
a way to contact him is to write to the one of the addresses on this website.

http://www.stephenfry.com/misc/press-and-publicity/

which is harder to find through the menu than it used to be....link is at bottom of screen though

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

gormster

Posted Tue Feb 17th, 2009 4:59am Post subject: Assetbar Fanflows
a way to contact him is to write to the one of the addresses on this website.

http://www.stephenfry.com/misc/press-and-publicity/

which is harder to find through the menu than it used to be....link is at bottom of screen though

Stephen Fry cannot be contacted through this address. It's fairly emphatic about it.

Soupy Twist

Posted Tue Feb 17th, 2009 9:24am Post subject: Assetbar Fanflows

Stephen Fry cannot be contacted through this address. It's fairly emphatic about it.

no, this refers to the email address given at the top of the site, and not his fan mail address, which is:

FAN MAIL

c/o Hamilton Hodell Limited
Fifth Floor
66-68 Margaret Street
London W1W 8SR