Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Patrick!

Posted Mon Oct 9th, 2006 7:02pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
Churchill's depression was the "Black Dog" - Can't quite remember who had the black hole, but I think it's quite popular! I've got a Black Treacle! About a couple of inches in from the front of my head and floating like an oil slick is this dead space - sort of treacle-y, and it's slowly covering my thoughts like oil covers the wings of the sea birds! Best Beloved is having a not good time of it, doesn't know how to deal with me, I suppose, and Pussy Cat is being cute and digging her claws into my leg and then lying on the floor asking for attention. She' s none the wiser than Best Beloved really. Hey ho. I got off my bike and strolled through the park on the way back from shopping earlier, the sun was shining, the leaves were turning orange, and I just wanted to cry! I'm very tired. but as they all say - I've nothing to be depressed about and should just pull myself together!
Hey ho!

With apologies.
P

gemcakes

Posted Wed Oct 11th, 2006 11:05am Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
Mine is called Mildred.

Patrick!

Posted Wed Oct 11th, 2006 4:37pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
Does George know?

Rainbird

Posted Wed Oct 11th, 2006 4:42pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
Mine's called Bertie and highs are called Jeeves!!

gemcakes

Posted Wed Oct 11th, 2006 5:14pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
Does George know?

Don't mock my depression. This is no laughing matter! It's very serious, you know!

Mildred is going to kick your arse now!

ladyloki

Posted Tue Oct 31st, 2006 12:03pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
I always seem to refer to the feeling that an episode is coming on as 'sliding backwards', the depression itself 'the pit', and the day I fall into it 'letting myself sink.'

Thing is, I eventually realise I am in the pit, and after a time of trying to climb out with little success, I spy a shovel in there with me and so I start to tunnel upwards...

dannyboy

Posted Thu Nov 2nd, 2006 1:11am Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
I call mine 'rubbish'....
my partner and friends call me 'fun danny' when I am on a high...

Pablo

Posted Sat Nov 4th, 2006 4:39pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
I call mine "death" because that's what it feels like but without the relief of non existence. Last monday in work I thought to myself this is what it is like to be dead. I am officially in the gutter.
Pablo

teenage_tragady

Posted Sat Nov 4th, 2006 7:51pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
aaaaaaahhhhhhhh poor pablo
*pats pablo on back and hands tissues with stephen frys face on them*

Kari

Posted Sat Nov 11th, 2006 3:37am Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
To me it just feels like I'm seeing things clearly. Like, logic tells me this how I ought to feel. because logically things are bad in the world. And I DON"T know what I'm doing... or why. So it seems to be just my mind not trying to keep me happy with false hope.

but when I'm up it's like flying. Or being on drugs. Usually it's related to movies or celebrities. Like, it'll be a Stephen related high or a Hugh High... so they make me feel like the logic doesn't matter... it's like ignoring the things that would make me depressive.. it's odd.

and the meds... they make me bruise and nosebleed. And I just feel out of control on them. But it makes my parents feel better.

So really, my happiness is allll based around the fabulous people. So my Ups are called Stephen or Hugh.

Neens

Posted Mon Nov 27th, 2006 7:33am Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
Highs are 'that other person' and the lows are 'me'. I can't think of anything else to describe them, although I know that I hate the other when I'm in the opposite - does that make sense?

meekychuppet

Posted Tue Dec 26th, 2006 9:02pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
The dark.

Maniac

Posted Sat Dec 30th, 2006 3:02pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
It

mazikeen

Posted Sat Jan 13th, 2007 5:29pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
the void (and my manic episodes: my summits)

Norfolkian

Posted Mon Jan 15th, 2007 10:25pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
To me it just feels like I'm seeing things clearly. Like, logic tells me this how I ought to feel. because logically things are bad in the world. And I DON"T know what I'm doing... or why. So it seems to be just my mind not trying to keep me happy with false hope.

I suffer from unipolar depression and I feel it's the exact opposite of what you describe - I can't see or think clearly at all. I feel very groggy and my brain feels cloudy/fuzzy.

I tend to refer to being depressed as being 'tired' - probably because this is one of the major symptoms for me.