Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

teenage_tragady

Posted Tue Jan 16th, 2007 7:40pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
Deep Blue

Dabees

Posted Fri Jan 19th, 2007 2:26am Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
I didn't even realise i had a word for it until i read this thread. There's me and there's cloudy days, sometimes the clouds are blacker than others.

ratoutofhell

Posted Sun Jan 21st, 2007 10:39pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
I've never had a name for it - it just feels like someone switches the lights off and in the dark I go over a cliff. At which point I have no frame of reference any more, no way to tell how far or how fast I'm falling, and I can't remember what it's like not to be falling. To be honest it's terrifying, and I'm extremely thankful it's not that bad too often.

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

epi.calypso

Posted Mon Jan 22nd, 2007 4:56pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
I had to really concentrate to "hear" what I say about my "black dog days". I keep it to myself, if alone. If anyone is around me, or asks (on the phone, for example) I say, always, "A tad crazy" if I'm not level. If feeling up, usually "A tad crazy, but it's been worse.". So, "Tad Crazy Time".

"Tad" sounds like the name of an all-America Disney movie kid in the 1950s. Woe is me!

-> :'(

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Feb 14th, 2007 10:26am Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
BLOOMNG BLACK CLOUD!

tania

Posted Fri Mar 2nd, 2007 11:49am Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
I rapid cycle, a few days one way a few days another.

I call them tigger or eeyore days!

x

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Mon Mar 19th, 2007 8:42pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
Mine is a strange form of a typical explaination; its a black foggy/misty cloud but I can always feel just behind me on the left hand side above my shoulder behind my head.
I can sense it, nearly see it in my mind, yet everytime I look to the left (to were it would be) it is obviously not there (or else Id REALLY have problems haha)....
I always have the "chasing your tail" feeling that Id imagine dogs to have...

In terms of my episodes or what ever you want to call when I hit my low moments, Its like im sitting in a vast amount of water and a wave is building up before me.... you know that builing anticipation of welling water? yeah its like that for a few days then its the wave washing over me and im emersed in it all. thats the only way to explain how it feels for me....

Kit Ellis

Posted Tue Mar 20th, 2007 3:06am Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
(POST DELETED)

shatzi

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 3:48am Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
The Hell Pit.
Hit With A Shovel.

When I'm "up" I call myself Wonder Woman, I feel like I can do anything.

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Sun Apr 15th, 2007 10:11pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
My depression is... I don't know... just feeling crap, crap as crappest. A kind of black pit kind of thing, I suppose.

skylight

Posted Mon Apr 23rd, 2007 5:40pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
I have a few different names. black bubble or black octopus because to me depression feels like being engulfed by tentacles. Falling of the edge of the world is another one but that is more anxiety and I don't use it very much because it sounds too dramatic.

panda

Posted Mon Apr 23rd, 2007 7:29pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
i like this thread. good to put your emotions into a visual image and think exactly what it is like. i often get visual equivalents for the things i'm experiencing, or metaphors. like skating on thin ice.
but i've never thought of my experience of depression or mania like this. interesting will give it a go. can definitely identify with the eyeore tigger thing. it is like becoming different characters, who see things through their way.
black tenacles interesting too, engulfing things.
will have a think.
not feeling great now, and think its good to feel what you're feeling (even if you're annoyed at feeling like that) and giving it an image is probably a good way of doing it.
apologies for a bit of an eyeore post, i'll be back to piglet or pooh or roo soon enough i hope.

panda

Posted Mon Apr 23rd, 2007 9:32pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
ok, have thought of a few

depression - is like a big cold dark lake that i'm drowning in.

sometimes i feel like i'm skating on thin ice, and if i'm not careful i will either fall through the ice into the cold water, or perhaps flip over and down into a rabbit hole and into the crazy world (see below)

mania - made me think of the mad hatter from alice in wonderland. in fact the whole of alice in wonderland, the nonsense logic, that's me when i've got a bit too manic and haven't slept. you think you are following a train of thought, but actually its nonsense and you need to go to sleep.
nice...

Nadia

Posted Mon Apr 23rd, 2007 10:13pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
..though I tend to call my depression "shit" - like
"shit happens" ) .. it doesn't feel like "shit" - it feels more
like some thick fog, or darkness.. No, still "fog" - greyish endless
space of fog, with no sounds, no odours, no bright colors.
And wherever you go - you can't go out of it, because it's
everywhere. Forever. Cold. Empty but dense. Yucky.
)
Mania is like sunny ray.. Or summer rain with rainbow. Or lightning.
Something.. bright and exciting.
When without alcohol - with alcohol or drugs it's like
pure madness.. roller coaster. Like falling from veeery
high place.

MerryMary

Posted Sun May 13th, 2007 10:42pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
The Maha Sunn, the great void of nothingness. It bites