Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

caz57

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 1:12am Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
I have had a bad week, where I have just sat and sat and sat!
Glued to the chair, flicking the TV over, a feeling of no energy, for no reason!

I sometimes get (it has happened this week) for no reason, nothing bad in my life, and at the time I could be making a cup of tea, or washing up, anything normal really, and I just get this instant feeling of "nothing"
I feel like my insides have disappeared in an instant! like I am empty and everything in the world, at that second, has gone!
This only lasts for a few seconds, because I sort of go, Oh dear, and I carry on with what I am doing. Not a nice feeling.
I even thought it may be epilepsy but I never pass out.

It is just this awful of nothing, like being dead, but knowing your not!

Fourth Feline

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 1:46pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
I have had a bad week, where I have just sat and sat and sat!
Glued to the chair, flicking the TV over, a feeling of no energy, for no reason!

I sometimes get (it has happened this week) for no reason, nothing bad in my life, and at the time I could be making a cup of tea, or washing up, anything normal really, and I just get this instant feeling of "nothing"
I feel like my insides have disappeared in an instant! like I am empty and everything in the world, at that second, has gone!
This only lasts for a few seconds, because I sort of go, Oh dear, and I carry on with what I am doing. Not a nice feeling.
I even thought it may be epilepsy but I never pass out.

It is just this awful of nothing, like being dead, but knowing your not!

Sorry to hear about the bad week you've had Caz. What you describe is what I experience in my depressive episodes. The episodes of '"nothingness" may start to get longer and your energy level get even less than it feels now, but please remember this is classical Depression - and as such will be treatable.

I know it's easier said than done, but I try and accept it. It's good to 'challenge' it if you can and do something when you feel least able, but if you can't - don't berate yourself or panic. It is what a lot of us here feel on a regular basis and so you are not alone.

Take care Caz,

F.F.

doublecrown

Posted Fri May 25th, 2007 2:10pm Post subject: Back Hole, Black Dog, What's yours called?
when out of control my family call me "tigger" when down im eehaw he ,takes over with disisterious effect, and when either of the above are planning to hang christopher robin iam called a patient at the local mental health unit , where ive just come out of again ,its gettin higher , deeper and well i think christopher robins daze are numbered