Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

katysara

Posted Wed Jan 16th, 2008 6:40pm Post subject: BAFTA and Mr Fry
Not really a surprise, but Stephen Fry is nominated for a BAFTA for TLSOTMD http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/apr/11/broadcasting

If you read the article you'll see he's also up for one for entertainment too.

Come on Stephen!

To help you answer the poll, here are the things he is up against: up against Ross Kemp On Gangs, Who Do You Think You Are? and Bruce Parry's Tribe.
(What are they?)

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

ClareBear

Posted Wed Jan 16th, 2008 6:58pm Post subject: BAFTA and Mr Fry
You mean you haven't seen Tribe? Shame on you, 'cos in my view it'll come down between SLOTMD and Tribe.

katysara

Posted Wed Jan 16th, 2008 7:08pm Post subject: BAFTA and Mr Fry
You mean you doubt the Fry? I thought this would be a 100% poll. Hey, you know how you have a little title after your username, can I have one? "Sheep-shagger" (Derby County fan) or something funny? Nothing about dildos. (See 'I need opinions' post).

Nope, not seen Tribe, not even heard of it!

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Jan 18th, 2008 6:05pm Post subject: BAFTA and Mr Fry
I've never heard of Tribe either, or that Ross Kemp thing. I hope Stephen Fry wins. TSLOTMD has made such an impact on people and even lead to people seeking out help.

Assuming direct control...

Telepresent

Posted Sun Jan 20th, 2008 1:35am Post subject: BAFTA and Mr Fry
Hmm, yes, Tribe is interesting and informative. But I think SLOTMD will get the winning vote as it is something about our own culture, a revelaing of our own underside... I don't know if that makes sense? Basically, Tribe is really interesting to watch, but after its over there's really not much to think about besides "wouldn't it be odd if I was in that life?". SLOTMD has that in shovel-loads, but also has the added factor of the statement: This is something that could very possibly be affecting your friends, and you'll never have known because they've hidden it from you, their family and society.

I don't know, I just think that something that revealing about our own culture, about such a proportion of our own populace, can be ignored, surely?

Telepresent

Posted Sun Jan 20th, 2008 1:36am Post subject: BAFTA and Mr Fry
Having said that, Who Do You Think You Are could be a VERY strong contender

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Jan 20th, 2008 12:11pm Post subject: BAFTA and Mr Fry
WDYTYA even has it's own magazine series now. It must be very popular. It seems to have influenced a lot of people to explore their own family trees.

Assuming direct control...